Professors required reading - bin laden a freedom fighter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by forty winks, Feb 2, 2014.

Then you need to explain what part of my statement that you quoted makes me naive?

War is going to happen. You can't change that. You will even find many scientists that claim it's part of human nature.

I will even go as far to say that you won't find a country with any substantital populatin that hasn't been to war.

2. I used to be brainwashed to believe that too. You really think a bunch of dirty peasants wanted to attack us because they hate our freedom (or what's left of it)?
    It's called blowback. Meddling in the world's affairs and sticking out big fat American noses in everyone's damn business usually pisses people off pretty good.

3. All of it. The US is, by its own definition, the largest terrorist state in the world. How does it make you feel that the US sponsored al-Qaeda to fight against the Soviets. We funded them then, we are funding them now. You are only a tool and you don't realize it. I hope you do before you get yourself killed for being the patriotic American that you're not.

Please list the countries that unwillingly had US forces in them before 9/11? If you're going to claim it, please back it up with verifiable and credible sources. It shouldn't be hard to do since it was "almost every country in the ME"

I do know what vietnam was. Extremists wants anyone who doesn't prescribe to their faith to die. It doesn't matter if you're a foreigner or fellow countrymen. Look at all the bombings in Iraq currently and we aren't even there.

Both Spain and England have been bombed by extremists also.

My mom medles and is about as nosey as they come... should she be killed?

You seem like the anti violence type, but you're condoning violence on their end because of things we say and do? Does that justify murder?

Yes, that is why the wanted to kill us.

Once again, I'm not a fan of meddling in another country's affairs however that's how the world works... every super power does it.

A terrorist state? lol  What country do you live in and what countries have you been to?

Actually, could you define what a terrorist state is?

7. Ahh, so many responses and posts.. hope I've kept up with them... guess you could say I'm being terrorized by everyone in here lol

8. You do realize that is a direct correlation due to our occupation right? Baghdad's crime rate was much lower before US forces invaded. We killed their leadership, their military/police force and that left a power vacuum.

9. How in the hell am I condoning or justifying their actions? I abhor their actions. I'm just saying that they didn't just come over here unprovoked and attack us cause of freedom. The American covenant provoked the shit out of them and armed them and then use the attacks (that they probably knew about and did nothing to stop if not encouraged) as an excuse to take our freedoms and expand government.

Just to expand on this, yes they hate our freedom. Islamic extremists do not believe in personal freedom. You must follow Sharia and if you don't, you should die. Extremists have an extreme view of Muhammed and the Quran.

Do you know what they do to women who disobey? Or to gays? Or people who don't prescribe to their interpretation of Islam?

11. using violence to achieve a political goal. Sounds a lot like America's government. Apparently that definition only applies to groups that are not sanctioned by America

12. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrJwzYBUkU

The Middle Easterners' memories go back a hundred years to when the British Empire was the main aggressor.

Today the main aggressor is the US, along with England and other Washington lapdogs. To the oppressed nations they are all lumped together as "the west."

14. #74 Massholes, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    Did the meddling your mother did cause the deaths of over half a million innocent lives? Did your moms meddling replace an elected leader with a dictator?

Are you Trolling or just acting immature?

You're not a fan. Great.

No ,it's how the United States and their allies work. Don't conflate those actions with the entire world. The world does not equal the super powers. Perhaps in your mind, it does.

But what is the point in that comment? "That's how the world works" is a cop out instead of you admitting that this is what causes hatred toward us in the face of "terrorism"

I do struggle with this.  Even with what that fucker in Syria is doing to the innocent over there.

[​IMG]

Hey bud, long time, no see!

How ya been??

17. Been good. Moving to a new city so I've been focusing on looking for jobs and such instead of being on the computer as often. I still browse some of the threads I'm in regularly but I haven't been posting much lately.

Especially what those fuckers in USA are doing to innocents here. Oh and especially to what their funded proxy army is doing to people in Syria.

19. http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2014/feb/20/syrias-polio-epidemic-suppressed-truth/?pagination=false

20. #80 goober0331, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014

Fizzly has already provided links, and you can always just Google search some key terms, like "us foreign policy in the middle east". Or if you have taken any credible history class at a uni they probably mentioned it. I also said to go read bin-ladens letter to America where he lists a bunch of transgressions.

If you know what Vietnam is, then you understand it was America at first using bomb raids, and then invading a country, because they were becoming a communist nation and America didnt like that. So I gave an example of the us committing acts of violence against another nation and killing people because "we" (whatever that means) opposed their views, which you asked for, and I replied.

I dont know why you bring up Spain and England and terrorist attacks that happen there, and try to ask questions like "thats our fault too". Didnt seem to make sense in the conversation.

You can read this book, has a good chapter on US foreign policy:

[​IMG]