Professors required reading - bin laden a freedom fighter

Discussion in 'Politics' started by forty winks, Feb 2, 2014.

Good to see we're still primitive at heart …

2. @[member="Fizzly"]

if you haven't read it already, I think you'd enjoy Edward Said's book Orientalism.  He had a very sharp eye and mind most things colonial and imperialist in the "far east."

3. I think Obama removed some of the missiles to help relations with Russia and Putin was like "You suck dick real well Obama. Now swallow and leave"

Essentially Putins a dick and Obama is a suck up. 

4. How naive.

How do you think binladed recruited people?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #25 SmokinP, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
    Big Benny wrote ye Yanks a letter back in the day explaining his actions and what has to be done to make peace... Have a read brothers and sisters, have a read...

\nhttp://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver

Politics is the root of all evil.

7. #27 Insert Name Here, Feb 5, 2014

They hit the reset button, come on it's the fucking reset button!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sudCmrAsF4

Naive? I've seen it first hand.

Recruiting people is easy. Think of all the sects and cults in the world.. how do they recruit? They use propaganda. They spin information and outright lie to people.

The fact is, these people are just brutal. Look at Syria.. they aren't fighting America or their idealology .. they're fighting fellow Muslims simply because they don't have the same view of Islam as they do.

Once again, if you've never actually had any experience with these people then I wouldn't expect you to understand.

9. a professors job is to show you different vantage points on various subjects. you wont learn if you just get one pov.

10. The CIA trained and armed Bin Laden. Had Congress listened to Col. Oliver North they would have had him killed 14 years before he attacked the World Trade Center.

Had the Saudi's listened to Osama Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein would not have invaded them.
    Saddam Hussein took power with the help of a CIA coup after failing to assassinate their president at the urging of the CIA, who wanted a person they could control, and to create a safe haven for American interests and thwart Iran's presence and efforts to control the region.

Iraq wanted to ship it's oil through Saudia Arabia as its limited access to the Persian Gulf left millions of barrels sitting on the docks when it should have been on ships. The Saudi's being the greedy twats that they are refused.....Look at a map. Look at the coastlines of both nations, and the narrow shipping channels. The Saudi's were monopolizing those channels making it so that Iraq's oil was the last to get to the global market. That is called Trade Warfare, and well worth invading a neighboring nation and killing them for it.
     So Saddam has done what every other Nation on earth has done before....he took by force what they would not give willingly.

The arrogance, and historical ignorance surrounding these events is astounding to me. Instead of looking at the big picture, people just take some talking head's interpretation of a miniscule part of the equation and say, "oh, this is why."..Hell, half of you still think that Cannabis was outlawed because of racism. And have no clue about the real reason being to squash the hemp industry to protect the corporate profits of a couple of millionaires. Just a couple.

America is guilty of creating Osama Bin Laden, and Saddam Hussein. We are in the business of creating Dictators and Despots the world over for corporate gain. That is why military men and woman are dying. It isn't about democracy.....it is about Corporate Profit margins, and little else. Whatever they tell you to gain support is propaganda...and the people asking how can a person be recruited to a crazy cause? Well, most of you were. The facts are out there. Stop listening to talking heads, and seek out the information to make an informed and intelligent decision! Americans are being lied to, and in accepting those lies you become part of the threat to global stability. Our Government is creating enemies. Do not support their efforts.

11. Who are you and what have you done with Bill O'Reilly?

Yes, this is exactly what Washington has done to you. A classic case.

While Bin Laden and Islam (other religions included) are monsters, that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't a freedom fighter which was the primary topic of this thread. 

Yup.

Most political leaders are monsters anyway. Our most popular presidents are usually the ones who have killed the most people.

"If you kill one person you are a murderer. If you kill ten people you are a monster. If you kill ten thousand you are a national hero." -- Vassilis Epaminondou

15. They armed and trained a lot of people during the Soviet occupation in Afghanistan, but there is no actual evidence to support the claim that bin laden was one of them.

16. You ever hear of Col. Oliver North? he was PERSONALLY threatened by Osama. How is it that they would have such close personal contact and knowledge of one another?
     Notice I said trained and armed? Mujahedin were either armed and trained by CIA or funded by them. ALL Mujahedin received something. But funding was handled through the Saudi's, therefore North and Osama would have had no intimate knowledge of one another had they only been funded. That is a FACT that you are supposed to overlook....because it is so small that it is seemingly inconsequential. North handled weapons shipments....he wasn't a bagman for money. Hence Osama received WEAPONS and TRAINING...

What our government wants you to do is to blame the dog on the fleas...instead of the other way around.

17. Here comes my favourite quote... One mans terrorist, is the next mans freedom fighter.

18. There is an Irish rebel song about Joe McDonnell that says it best:

And you dare to call me a terrorist
    While you look down your gun
    When I think of all the deeds that you have done
    You have plundered many nations, divided many lands
    You have terrorized their peoples, you rule with an iron hand
    And you brought this reign of terror to my land

We create our own enemies when we refuse to leave their land. A fight is one thing...but to stick around and "help" to shape policy? That is the stuff that creates jingoism and extremism. How else could it be perceived, if not invasion? America has fucked up priorities. If we were about democracy and stopping tyranny we would have armed and trained the IRA. Instead we sided with the British, a mutual enemy....why? Burger King, McDonald's, BP Oil.....Corporate interests. And that is what human lives are to our governments. A dollar or two in profit, and nothing more.

I guess that depends on which end of the rifle they hit you with. The bullet from the muzzle, or the butt of the stock. Some men just won't stay down. Is cause justified in either case? One man's Soldier, is also another man's terrorist. Let's not forget that as well. 

20. #40 garrison68, Feb 5, 2014
    I don't for a minute think that arming the militants in Afghanistan was a good idea, but it did hurt the Soviet Union's power quite extensively as a result of that loss. It's too bad that Islamist radicals had to be the ones to do the job there. Those who became the Taliban were very bitter because we did not aid them with ground troops during the struggle, and this is one of the main reasons they turned against us after the Soviet withdrawal, which resulted in their back-stabbing responses.