Professional/Academic Extraction Website

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by AB300, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Hello all on grass city forums! I was hoping to get some feedback and critiques of a project I’ve been working on. I’ve been trying to build a website that serves as an academic library of sorts for all original literature on topics regarding cannabis extraction. A website is up with a few of the papers that I’ve collected over the years. I hope you check it out and offer any feedback, good or bad. The website is:

https://cannabisextractionscience.wordpress.com

My hope is to provide links to as many free articles as possible. At the minimum, at least a link to a secure paywall where the article can be purchased. Currently talking to Elsevier (company that owns copyright on most of the articles) about allowing me rights to republish. Also in contact with a number of the original authors about podcast style interviews to get there take on the state of the science and field since they published. Also, a ton more content to come soon, but a substantial amount of reading is available for anyone who hasn’t seen these papers yet.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and respond! Also, feel free to offer any ideas about collaboration, I’m always looking for people who like the direction and would like to be on board

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. I only briefly looked through it but I already was blown away by some cool info on ultrasound extraction. Someone is doing real research.

• Like Like x 1
  3. congrats

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey AB300,

I'm always looking forward to see people help out the marijuana community. This idea is certainly interesting but in order to appeal to the people, you're going to have to make the website more user-friendly. This means that the U.I (user interface) has to be perfect; when I initially clicked the website, it was not organized, I had to spend a good minute or two trying to navigate my way to the articles. This being said, improve on the overall website and try making it cleaner. In addition, the user interaction has to be there, I barely see any where users can comment and interact with one another about the articles (maybe it's there but broken?).
    Your hope has already been done by Reddit. They have something similar to this where people from all over contribute interesting articles, journals, etc. and have a discussion among one another.

Best of luck though, you got my support! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice job

But all I can think of is Skunk Pharm
    :confused_2:

6. Hey C.Gentleman, thanks for taking the time to give those suggestions, I truly do appreciate it.

I do agree with you 100% that the website needs a better UI. I’m in the process of getting that worked on as that’s one of the biggest comments I’ve been getting so far. Unfortunately not much of a web designer so going to have to outsource that work

I was actually debating user interaction or not but Ive been coming around to the idea more and more. I think it would be easy enough to add a comments thread and I may do that in the future

I too love reddit and have an account on there as well, and follow the extraction page for cannabis. However I find reliable scientific information out of there is slow to non existent and seems to be mostly home users looking for advice with hash and rosin or tinctures (which is absolutely fine!). I was hoping my site would serve another role in that it was only scientific reports.

Anyway, thanks again for the response

-AB

7. Thank you! But hey, I love Skunk Pharm (now the alchemist resource) too and am a huge fan of their work. I think we are going in different directions with our sites but I encourage people to use to their site as well.

8. Sounds good! Keep it up and you're absolutely right! Nowadays, there's fake sources everywhere so you can never be too careful. A question does arise and that's what makes you so credible? If you claim that EVERYTHING is a great source, you have to post some sort of proof or qualifications. People love PhD responses to certain websites that post amazing journal entries like "sciencemag" or "sciencedirect," and these are reputable sources; what makes you so reputable?

I'd highly recommend hiring someone from Fiverr. It's cheap, reliable, and easy which you can't really find anymore these days. Back when I had a blog, I hired someone from craigslist who supposedly had credible recommendations and amazing work experience. Turns out the guy was lazy and took extra time for no reason; I consulted with a person on Fiverr and he did a nice job breaking down everything for me in a faster manner. The best part is, they don't charge a lot!

Anyways, I'd love to see this develop more and best of luck! :)

9. #9 Sikola, Jan 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    I really like your website a lot, thank you for sharing it here! As for me, I am creating a similar website these days too. How did you make your website, by the way?