Product Review / NEED HELP - Hydrofarm Light Track system (chain driven)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by TSoaDK, Jan 30, 2014.

1. So I bought a couple cheap track light systems, and so far I have not been able to keep them working. The hoods I have are light enough but the damn power supply cord is so hard to get hung up the right way it keeps pulling and moving the hood and causing the carriage to pop off the chain and stop it from moving. 

There has got to be a way to set this thing up so it moves freely back and forth without being disturbed by this cord.

The thing comes with a crap 3 watt motor, and they do have more expensive better built tracks, but I purposely went with light ass hoods because I didn't need a high powered motor and ridiculous track system that can hold multiple heavy ass hoods.

It is built cheaply, but it works with my hoods. I ran these things non stop no problem but as soon as I plugged them in and had to hang the power cord and try to loop it somewhere it would always be popped off the chain when I went back.

Anyone have these or seen someone with these?? How do I need to go about setting this thing up because if I could get these light movers to work it would benefit my grow so much

2. No one?

3. A light extension cord between your ballast and light rail might help Sent from my XT557 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. The primary light area of a 1000 watt hps is only about 5' x 5'.  If you move your primary light source off your plants, you get diminishing returns, your buds will not be dense and your yield will be reduced.  If you can shorten the tracking cycle to about a 3' drift, then your primary light would still be on your plant and then the plant would benefit from the light movement.  With long movement of the track marijuana loses the intensity of the light that it so craves.  I personally have used a track before in my grow and also was assured from an expert grower that stationary lights are the best way to grow marijuana.