Producing female seeds

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Urban gardener, Jul 1, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Does anyone here have any experience in using Colloidal silver to make a female produced feminized seeds? Can you go a little more in depth? And also, if I use colloidal silver on one plant that I want to produce feminized seeds, is it safe to have in a flower room with other plants without said plant pollenating other females within that same flowering room sense no male pollen was involved and technically you are just tricking the plant into thinking it was pollenated. So basically there really is not pollen floating around. Please and thank you in advance!

2. Colloidal silver will cause male pollen sacs to form, that's why you typically apply it to 1 branch, then when the pollen sacs are ready, you can shake the branch and pollinate everything.

• Like Like x 3
  3. thank you, so I definitely don’t want to throw that same plant in with the rest of my flower room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Noooooooooooooo, unless you want a shit ton of seeds.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. I rather use clones

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. #8 GroBuddy, Jul 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
    Just get some tiresias mist off amazon for 20$ if you haven't bought everything or attempted to throw together some silver. You're not making the plant think its pollinated you're preventing female hormones from going to that limb turning that limb male causing a hermi. You dont even have to shake a limb I just let the fans do the pollinating. Pollen is lighter than air and can travel a 10 mile radius. Only spray chosen branch I'd mark it in some way. Also I'd suggest using a piece of cardboard to block mist from hitting growth as you only want to spray the branch just the wood. 2ce a day for 2 wks, I'll generally drop down to once a day due to damage done by spray after 8 to 10 days. A week before through a week into flower. Lastly there are several amounts of time you can let the plant go to harvest seeds. If you're just growing for seeds I would suggest letting the plant go until ripe seeds are falling off the plant. That will insure you get the most viable seeds. You'll get hundreds of seeds maybe a thousand depending on how well plant is pollinated. However you'll only have a quarter or less that are viable. If you want to smoke the weed as well you can harvest 4 to 6 weeks after pollinating. Personally I try to get the most seeds possible and just give the plant to my worms or compost bin just keeping viable seeds. If you want to cross pollinate later without plants being together, just keep some of the pollen throw it in the freezer itll be viable for 6 months. Use a arts and crafts paintbrush in later use of pollen to help pollinate easier.

You can use that feminized spray on photos or autos. If you like a strain never buy it twice. Plus if you wanted to run clones or pheno hunt its safer to start 15 or whatever with 200 seeds vs trying to find a mother plant with 10 seeds for 150$.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1