(Processing) Fresh or Dry (Solventless)

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by NotoriousHippie, Oct 21, 2018.

1. I will be using a rosin press(Official not a hair iron.)

So after chop should i dry and freeze then press or dry cure and freeze then press.

Is Better to make hash first then rosin press?

I have seen others buy frozen to make hash then press. This better yield or quality or something?

Many questions thanks for the help. If i am not on the right forum for cannabis extractions please point me in the direction where i can obtain this information on such topics as well as HOWTo's would be awesome. I have seen the videos just looking were the home place people go to exchange extraction information mostly.

2. Dry ice or water hash are solventless, good ole box screen mechanical separated / agitated pollen hash as well.

When pressing either one with variations in technique you can utilize frozen ready to go buds OR hash made from cured flower.

That's the thing though, the yield is heavily dependant on many things. I for one had a lot of trouble pressing flower with the meager set up I used (no real press) so being able to use hash was the key to making it worth while.

Having access to dry ice or another method to make the hash was another whole shebang many don't want to deal with, but it is really fun and easy.

Then the pressing, with all the diy solutions or out the box stuff... Many have much more experience than I about the nuances and benefits of curing or not.

Hell, those videos where people essentially isolate rosin into THCA with just pressure from their press and a bunch of filters sure is neat.

Check out Brassnwood's Hashmaster 5000 tutorial!!!