problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chosen1, Mar 13, 2002.

1. I want to know if there is a household remedy to help lower my PH. I sitting at a little over 7. I'm kinda new at this but if I'm not mistaken, I want to be around 5.5 to 6.2. I've heard everything from baking soda to epsom salt. I just know my plants could look a little healthierand I think the PH could have something to do with it. Does it sound like I'm on the right track? If so what's the remedy?

2. Just go to your local pet shop and by some 'PH Down'. Should only cost about $5. Just an idea, never tried it on plants, but I use it on my fish and it's all the same thing. Same test kit etc!! I'd use it before I tried a house hold remedy.

3. Yes, if you can't find a PH regulator at the garden center, the aquarium solution will also work. It is all acids and bases, regardless of medium. There is also a PH up available in case your PH drops too low. It is a good idea to invest in a PH
    meter too, they are cheap and are good insurance. I have used the aquarium solution to raise the PH of my hydro solution and had no ill effcts so far.

4. Aquarium up and down is a good short term fix but don't rely on it forever. To cheap out, some manufacturers use a sodium based solution. In a hydro tek, the sodium creates salts that will screw your set-up. The same goes for baking soda (a ph up) If you don't have access to hyrdo solutions, finda nursery or garden center that stocks backyard pond supplies, their ph up and down is formulated for hyrdo set-ups.

In a pinch, lemon juice works OK for ph down.

5. I myself use Pond Solutions....successfully

[​IMG]

6. Ok, I think I got my Ph taken care of, but now I got new problems. I just built my grow room, and everything I put in it looked real good. But now everything is wilting real bad. At first I thought I was feeding it too much. (15 min. 4 times a day) So I cut back to 3 times a day. When I got in tonight I went to check it out and it looked even worse. Then I noticed the temp. was 90 degrees in the room. So I moved my electric box that hooks up to my light to the outside. I didn't realize how hot it got. So after all of this babbling, the question I have is, High temperature. Will it kill 'em? Or am I pissin' in the wind? Please help me out.

7. I don't know ebb and flo but I'll go hunt it up and won't charge you nothing for doing it to!

8. What temp is the nute solution? It should be between 65 and 75 degrees F...
    Room should not exceed 85F.....sounds like you should be cycling more often...are the exposed roots drying?

[​IMG]