Problems with timers for HPS light

Discussion in 'Indoor Marijuana Growing' started by dan2003, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Hi everyone,
    I have a really bad problem. I have 4 redhaired skunk and 1 reveging whitewidow females under a 250v HPS light, I think the power box thing is made by IKON, if anyones heard of it. Anyway, when it came to flowering time and i plugged my trusty £10 segmental timer and after about 3-5 days the lights simply stayed on all the time regardless of the setting on the timer. I previously used it for my first harvest with flourescents, worked fine for two and a half months. I bought a new timer from a supermarket in the lightbulb section, did the same thing after a couple of days again. Does anyone know what the problem is, or direct me towards what I could get to correct this? Please help me, my stash from my last harvest finally ran out a month ago and my bank balance is plummeting trying to keep up with my two ounce, £250 pounds a week habit

2. Hey man go look for those electronic timers (or perhaps havy duty or something). That one is working fine for me at all times.

Cheap = Bad

3. Ok,
    have found what I think is needed, a light switching timer contractor. I plan to buy it from http://www.drchronics-hydroponics.co.uk/5748/1237.html , its the second thing from the bottom of the page. Has anyone from the uk bought from this website before? Is this what I need? Thanks

4. I think this is exactly what you need. Don't know about the shop though. Good luck.

5. I'm not from the uk. But the doc is definately trustworthy. The cops haven't come to my place yet.

Grasscity Deals Near You