PROBLEMS with the Pax by Ploom

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by moneycheeba, Aug 18, 2012.

1. That depends on the heating level..there are 3. 1st I never see anything. 2nd one some but not alot, 3rd rips right through it.

2. That helps immensely. When you put that bottom of it on the whole thing is a oven and the heat is all around. If its not packed tight then your herb is not making contract with all the sides.

3. I Couldn't agree more with you. A friend and myself ordered two pax last week and I have been hitting it everyday since I opened the box.i I start off on low heat with a full/slightly packed down bowl with a little keef in the middle and by the time I get to high(by then I have stirred it once or twice as well) setting I'm in the clouds for sure. My friend on the other hand says he can't get a good hit for the life of him and its not getting him high. Unless your oven isn't heating up I say it's completely a user error. I usually get 3 really nice sessions off of 1 battery and I'm cleaning it every night after my last bowl. I don't let it fully cool down so that when I slide the pipe cleaners through the resin is still warm and comes out real easy.then when it's fully cooled down I will clean the entire thing with a little bit of Iso.i have not had the sticky mouthpiece yet,and I'm really hoping that I don't. I do not want to send it back and be without it for a month. I also live in Canada so it would probably take even longer. Gonna wait a little while and see what pax is doing but I'm definitely picking up another one. It's gonna change long boarding so much. I would say the pax is on par with my herbalaire. Except I can't put that in my pocket. Just keep that shit clean!

4. thanks, i tried doing just that for my first vape and now after cleaning with rubbing alcohol i cant get rid of the tobacco smell.

anyone know of a way to completely get rid of the smell?

5. Most of the complaints about the pax are user errors. If you learn how to use it right it's a great vape and worth every cent.

6. So you think that an abnormal amount of unintelligent people purchased the Pax? That doesn't quite pass my BS detector.

There's looots of popular vaporizers with really difficult learning curves - the MFLB and VG come to mind. Yet...the number of complaint or dud threads for those vaporizers pale in comparison to the Pax.

Since even before we got a vape section, I've never seen a vaporizer get so many complaint threads than the Pax has. This is NOT due to "user error". If this many users experience can issue, then its an issue with the vaporizer. Just because its *possible* to work around by absolute constant maintance, its very clearly an attribute of the vape.

The fact that the Pax routinely and almost expectedly breaks after normal use is just silly. I'm not saying that new users couldn't be aware of the fact cleaning maintence is neccesary, just that the fact cleaning maintence is neccesary IS an attribute of the Pax. Its a disadvantage that few if any vaporizers share.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Totally bogus post. How can you say that if you use it right, it would be worth every cent.............for everyone. That's just patently false. NO VAPE is worth every penny to everyone............NONE.

It may be worth every cent for YOU, but that statement is a far cry from the statement you made above.

8. #48 ChiefCosmos, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    Alright, so you decided to get an attitude...awesome. I'm a pax owner and most of the complaints I have seen have been "the mouthpiece gets stuck" or "I'm not getting any vapor." Both of these problems do not require any fixing. Just keeping the hardware clean and packing the oven tight. I've had mine for about four months and it hasn't 'routinely' broken. The cleaning is no more of a task than cleaning a bong routinely. Wait...so why did you call me out again?

9. okay...what exactly is the purpose of this emotion-filled post? It works fine for me and I've had one since they have come out. The Pax working fine for me is REALITY because I OWN one. How can you deny my reality? It vaporizes my marijuana and then it gets me high. How is that bogus? it does everything a vaporizer is supposed to do.

10. #50 lwien, Feb 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2013
    I am NOT denying YOUR reality. I'm denying that your reality would be the same for everyone else.

The problem is, you said, "Most of the complaints about the pax are user errors. If YOU learn how to use it right it's a great vape and worth every cent.", implying that if ANY user learns how to use it correctly, it is worth every penny. That is bogus, for it is NOT worth every penny for everyone, even if they do learn how to use it correctly.

11. Lol they are just pax haters. Obviously a lot of dumb ppl bought it because they make new threads everyday instead of posting in the pax thread like people would do with the mflb.

12. please explain more on how it "routinely and almost expectedly breaks after normal use"

13. how is it not worth it?

14. Statement is invalid

15. fellas, fellas... take it easy. we're talking about getting high here.
    can someone please elaborate on the correct way to hit the pax?

16. Ok, here's an example.

I would not want a Pax because it is a vape that works on conduction. I would much prefer a vape that works on convection, so for me, the Pax would not be worth it.

17. I puff it like a cigar sometimes but usually just suck quite slow

18. That's where you're wrong. I don't hate the Pax at all. I wouldn't get one for myself, but other people really like it, so for them, it's a great vape.

19. well, it's advertised as a vaporizer....and it vaporizes my weed...and it gets me high. I still don't see how my statement was bogus

20. I'm not sure how to explain it. Don't draw like you're gasping for air. Draw like you are sucking a straw.