Problems with pro-mix......

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by grassforcash420, Apr 9, 2011.

1. I have been using pro-mix bx for about a year and have been having nothing but problems with it. During veg it is completely fine but after flipping to flower within about 10 days (magnesium def signs) I am showing signs of severe defs which I think is a magnesium def but I have tried everything short of switching mediums. I always use Fox Farms Grow big in veg which they are clones and usually veg for about 2-3 weeks with a 1 ts of grow big every watering and my ladies look completely healthy, so after flipping from veg to flower I usually water with grow big one more time before starting my flowering food which I use advanced nutrients sensi bloom parts a and b, big bud and bud candy.... so i know you might be thinking that I'm overfeeding them but let me assure you that I have tried light feeding heavy feeding and everything in between. I always ph my water and do just about everything I can to cure this but without avail.. I have read that using promix make them more likely to get defs.. any help would be greatly appreciated...Don't have any pics right now..

2. Look LIke this?

Attached Files:

3. Hi.

Im positive that if u make your nutrient shift at the right
    time, it will alleviate these problems you are having - no
    matter what medium u grow in.

Try to start your feedings of flower nutes around 2 weeks
    before the planned date. This will ensure that the right
    nutes are in place when the hormonal change occurs.

If the plant is not equipped nutewise, to go into flower,
    it will become deficient shortly after the light flip.

So you'll alwayz be playing catch-up, and thats no fun
    during the best time of the plants life.

Hope this helps.

Freak
    :smoke:

4. i use same nutes and i have to add cal-mag every time in flower

5. Mushkan,that is what mine look like,do you know a cause?

6. This above, totally.
    Actually i just spoon some bone meal or highPguano onto the soil and water thru it with water that has sul-po-mag in it , about a week before they are going to need it. Give the plant the P and the K that it will need, and put any mag problems down too. Plus these nutrients are way cheeper to buy than the bottles of nutes you guys all use. Either way, you have to plan for the plant sometimes, like Freak said.