Problems with my new vaporizer (whip tube melting)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by MasterChiefa, Mar 20, 2009.

1. #1 MasterChiefa, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    I just bought a vaporizer. The kind with a whip. After 3 days the tube on the whip melted and has a hole in it.:mad: I think it happened because my "whip head" is pretty short and the heat from the heating element is close enough to melt the tube.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should get a surgical grade tube or a whole new whip head that is a bit longer.

Here's the vaporizer i already bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=280317155623

Here's the tube im looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...5&_trkparms=algo=SI&its=I&itu=UCI&otn=4&ps=41

Here's the whip im looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/VaporCannon-Box...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:1|39:1|240:1318

has anyone had an experience like mine? if so, what did you do to make it work?

2. I don't see how it would melt, my whip head is even shorter than that on my Vaporwarez and it's just fine. I would get some higher grade tubing, it does look a bit cheap. It's also a possibility that you have your temp set too high. Vaping temp is around 375f in case you don't know.

3. Thanks for the input:D Guess I'm going to order the better tubing then.:smoke:

4. get a whole new whip. mine melted, so i looked into silicone tubing since it doesnt melt until like 500 degrees. well then the glass bowl part just blew up after i picked the whip up by the middle and the glass bowl part TAPPED the glass mouthpiece and the whole bowl blew up. literally little shards of glass everywhere, not just a little crack. i got a whole new whip eventually and it has hands down been my best vape purchase. it makes it soo much easier, and no melting whatsoever. the tube barely gets warm where it meets the bowl. chances are if it's melting holes, it's giving off fumes. the whole point of a vape is to get that pure, clean taste, and melting plastic doesnt help too much ;).

seriously, i've dropped my new whip dozens of times, and it sounds more sturdy and has no damage. those cheap whips can't even survive normal vaping temps or a little ding. 30 bucks or so will get you a good one.

5. The problem is that you bought a $25 garbage vape on eBay. Invest more money if you want a quality product.

6. I'd look into purchasing some food grade or medical grade tubing so not to release chemicals or carcinogens. Most basic plastic tubes are not meant to be smoked out of and any heat will release nasty toxins.

7. ...and thats why you don't buy a vaporizer off ebay.

8. I think we have established by now that your whip was of inferior quality. Just buy a new whip (from the looks of your vaporizer, it looks like you want an 18mm ground glass whip.)

Try this one: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/DIGITAL-VAPORIZER-WHIPS-HANDS-REPLACEMENT/dp/B001GOAQDK/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1237568496&sr=8-1"]Amazon.com: DIGITAL VAPORIZER WHIPS, HANDS FREE WHIP REPLACEMENT: Toys & Games[/ame]

I've been using this one for about 5 months now, and I have had no problems (actually, the tube is starting to yellow, but thats because its old). Also, the great thing about the tubing on this whip is that it is much more flexible than the tubing on other whips, like VaporBrothers, HotBox....

9. anyone know of a vape setup that is all glass, i.e. no plastic tubing. ?

I like vapes a lot but i am afraid of plastic.

10. I just placed an order for the tube, then I come back here to find all these new replies.... guess i should have waited. I hope the tube works, but if not it's only $8. If I do end up needing a new whip, anyone got any recommendations?

acidraindrips and sinsemillapleas - thanks for bringing so much to the conversation...:D

11. It just that it's so frustrating after posting time and time again suggesting that people buy brand name product from manufacturers that will stand behind their product with warranties and such let alone the possibility of toxic materials used in the construction of these Chinese knock-offs, that people still purchase this junk. It would be better to wait a bit to save up some $$$ then go this route.

Anyway, my post isn't aimed at you MasterChief, but more to those that are reading this thread and trying to decide which vape to buy.

12. get a whole new vape cuz that thing is a piece of crap

13. #13 jonnygreenjeans, Mar 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2009
    Lol i agree with knicks. Get the Extreme Vaporizer, like me, and avoid all that bullshit. I love mine, it has a whip and fills bags and it shotguns And an auto shut off timer AND has a potpourri diffuser AND a remote control... now doesn't everything else look like bullshit? ftw:cool: Oh and I forgot to mention... Its half the price of the waaaaay over-priced Volcano lol