problems with my first rooted clone. (PIC INCLUDED)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jabsgrow, May 23, 2010.

1. here is my first clone that i got to root. it was in a peat pellet and roots were shotting out the side, so i transplanted it into my soil mix, and after the transplant the leaves have curled in like this. they are dry, but losing color by the minute.
    i gave her a low low mix of ff grow big today, hoping that will help.
    any clues/ideas???

Attached Files:

2. It takes a few days for plants to adjust to transplanting, so give it some time. Don't give any ferts yet -- the fresh soil has enough to last at least a week or three. The leaves curling up could be overwatering. If you watered it in after the transplant just let it rest a few days. (No water, no ferts)

3. ok thanks. i will try it.
    i sure hope it lives, i really want to get this cloning idea under wraps

4. jabs-- i cut a 2 liter soda bottle in half use as single plant humidity dome. it really helps,,, diet pepsi only.:D

5. Sometimes they have a tough time adjust ing to the humidity change like blkwhtdog said so that bottle might help. You could also give em a little spray of pure h2o until they adjust. Perhaps a vitamin-B supplement such as Superthrive or Thrive-Alive will help with transplant shock. Either way, congrats for rooting your first clone, soon enough it will be second nature :hello: