Problems with my babies.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Orange Tea, Oct 3, 2012.

1. What do you think is wrong here? The one is drooping but the rest seem to be holding up fine. One of them has a leaf curled upwards, and one appears to have burnt tips. The light is currently a 600w HPS (MH arrived broken, so will be replacing HPS with MH in a few days) toned down to 50%, they are in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil, and were recently transplanted from plastic cups just a few days ago. No nutes have been added and the last watering was four days ago.

Attached Files:

2. I think the light may be abit too powerful for the seedlings..

3. What leads you to believe that?

4. Well the curled up leaf looks like its been look close to the light and burned a little, the brown bit could be the same..

5. No the light is fine, my 600 is the same distance and mine are fine.
    It looks like it might be underwatering......pour a half of a water bottle in each plant right by the bottom of the plant.....and check back tommorow

6. #6 Doc-J, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    Could be watering issues as mentioned. It could also be transplant shock. Those look awfully small to have needed transplanting.

What are the canopy temps? The distance of the light that works for someone else may not be good for your grow. Intensity wise your good, but if your canopy is 90 you might need to raise the light.

7. Underwatering does feel like it could be very possible, I haven't been giving them much water due to being worried about overwatering. I moved the light up a bit and it's a bit cooler at the canopy now, I didn't test to see exactly what temperature, but I can guarantee it isn't 90 now. I thought they were a bit young for transplant, but there were roots poking out of the bottom of the holes in my solo cups and I read that when that's happening they need to be transplanted. Will water a bit and report back when they've had a reasonable amount of time to adjust to it. Thanks for the advice all! Any tips/criticism is more than welcome (so long as it's constructive, which it usually is!).

8. I think it's a humidity problem.

9. Too high or too low? It's at about 65 now.

10. [quote name='"Orange Tea"']

Too high or too low? It's at about 65 now.[/quote]

I was thinking there wasn't enough, but 65???

Hm... That sounds too high.

11. Yeah, it's incredibly humid down there. It was in the 70s before I got the HID light. The heat helped remove some of it. It goes between 50-65 usually now, depending on the day.

12. Update: The light was moved up and they were watered, the one with the curled leaves is uncurling them, and the droopy one seems to be looking a bit better. Will report back with pics and more info later on in the day.

13. The light is t too powerful at all. I have ten seedlings under two six hps lamps and they're fine. It looks to me like nute burn and heat. The curl comes from heat stress so just raise the light.
    If you've fed them already flush em and don't use nutes till week three at the very earliest

14. They haven't been fed at all, they're in Fox Farms Happy Frog soil, but I didn't think you could really nute burn plants with that.