Problems with leave tips yellowing

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Metalhead1156, Dec 7, 2016.

1. So I'm having problems with the tips of the leaves turning yellow. I just transplanted 4 clones about 3 days ago and the day after transplant the tips started yellowing on all the leaves. I'm not sure what the problem is. Everything is as it should be, I think.

2. Any one have any suggestions?

3. It's the soil you're growing in. Fresh soil is loaded up with nutrients and it'll burn the tips a bit on a young plant. But just leave it alone and it will be fine. Don't do ANYTHING ELSE to that plant until the container it's growing in is almost nearly DEAD dry...at which time you can water again. No young plant needs nutes as the soil will handle feeding it for the first few weeks. If you're using true formulated grow soil, the need for nutes is reduced even more because that's what the stuff is designed to do. If you're using store bought bag soil, you'll need to add a nice helping of perlite to get the right drainage to keep the plant healthy. We don't water till nearly dead dry always because they don't like their roots sitting in wet soil all the time. But regular bag soil out of Home Depot don't cut it as far as drainage goes so add perlite to get about a 60/40 mix soil/perlite. TWW

4. The soil I'm using is black magic. This is the ingredients list on the back of the bag. It says on the front of the bag that it's good for growing buds

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. should be good give it a few days to settle in did you mix in perlite ?

6. No I thought that there would be enough in the bagged mix damn it :(

7. Will it do fine with out any extra perlite?

8. So long as you don't over water. Also, don't tamp down your soil at all.

I would recommend watering with a "misty mate" type can or get a pesticide sprayer (called Hudson sprayer) so you have a wand you can reach with. Obviously don't use any pesticide/herbicide with the sprayer, only ever water.

AAAAAND use a mulch layer like 1-2" of chopped straw. This will keep the top layer of soil moist longer and more evenly. Helps to keep O2 penetration of the soil up (I believe) by keeping the top from crusting up. (There's an actual word for this that I have smoked out of my brain temporarily.)

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1