Problems with height

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by douglee, Jan 26, 2014.

1. I've just started my 4th grow and every time my main issue has been height. I've tried lst/topping and my tent just becomes too overcrowded. So my question is are there any signs to look for when my plants will be ok to switch to 12/12 for flowering, I've read half the end height but can you do damage to quality or strength switching earlier?Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Try grow sectionSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. You can't see it on your phoneSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. depends on the strain. basically, you're not going to get less quality or strength by switching early. that's not how it really works. but you will get less quantity. try training

5. thanks for the reply, will try training. i'm growing LSD and Tangerine Dream, not grown indica before but its meant to grow shorter so shouldn't have a problem with that.

6. My buddys uncle been snappin the colas late in flower. Been doin it for years. I am hesitant as a new grower but man he walks down the aisles if they get too tall and justs breaks em, lets em knuckle up, etc...Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Any idea why? Only got the app for grow advice.

8. supercropping. I don't suggest doing it late in flowering anyways

9. .....yeah i couldnt let myself do it anytime in flowering!Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. [quote name="douglee" post="19410097" timestamp="1390758035"]Any idea why? Only got the app for grow advice.[/quote]Everytime there's an update I hope they'll fix it, no clue why they dontSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. grab the section between two nodes, and then grab the section above that, twist on hand one way and the other hand the other direction. do so gently, yet firmly, and do it slowly most importantly. listen/feel for a very small pop/crack or snap. there you have it, a very subtle way to decrease the verticle growth of your plant and strengthen your branches.
    just a more specific form of supercropping.

12. Use soft yarn and tie all the branches down - way, way down. You can make yourself a nice, even low canopy this way.

GL

J