Problems w/ vape [Not burning weed completely]

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Swag0D, Oct 26, 2011.

1. #1 Swag0D, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
    I'll come back and edit this later once i find out the exact model of the vape my friend is using but we have been having trouble for about a month now with it. The problem is that even after about an hour session, we unload it only to find still much unburned weed. We know it's still good material because when we transport it to the bowl (even though the taste is awful), we get much higher from the bowl in 5 minutes than we do from an hours worth of vaping. It's a fairly small vape but we only load about half a gram to a gram at a time so there really is no excuse for this. We've tried loading it whole and grinded and neither have fixed the problem. Also, we have tried setting it at 400 degrees (maximum output) several times and nothing seems to be working. Help me, fellow tokers!

EDIT: Not a great pic but the best I can get as he lives on a separate college campus and was blazed at the time of picturing. He admits we're probably hitting it wrong and would appreciate some HONEST help.
    [​IMG]

2. I heard this from other smokers as well. You can not adjust to the vapor because the high is different, smell is awful and the experience leaves you feeling like you got ripped off. I was tempted last week to buy one and almost spent $230 on a vapor, glad I didn't so far.

At the same time,+ and with winter almost here, I'm dreading the idea of having to go outside for a smoke in minus 20 something! Maybe it's time I find a way to smoke it indoors and conceal the smell.

3. It's not a different high, we don't get high AT ALL. I can taste the sweet dro through the tube but no effects otherwise. I mean I'd probably be pretty pissed if it was my vape and I spent my precious money on it but it's not and I didn't. I just wanna know if there is a way to fix it or are we better off just doin it the old fashioned way.

And yeah, dude. This thing is a pain in the ass. If you get one, read some reviews on it or something first. I have a feeling this is just a shitty model of vape.

4. You should inhale the hits deeper and hold them in longer. Any vapor coming out with your exhale is vapor you didnt absorb.

Also, it shouldn't be ash at all. You're not trying to burn it you're trying to VAPE it. You don't want any combustion. Your vaped weed should be a light brown color.

5. So what you're sayin is there should be no smoke at all? Because there isn't much of it if any at all. Sometimes I think I see a tiny bit of smoke emitting from my mouth and get excited about it but by that time I'm usually already on two after-bowls (what we call burning the leftover matter from the vape). When we pull it out it usually comes out a charcoal-esque black to dark wood brown depending on how high we cook it on. We take 30 second tokes each and wait 30 seconds between each one. How long does it typically take to get high on these things and/or finish a gram's worth of dro? I just don't understand how if we're truly getting high from this thing and VAPORIZING the material, why is little to none of the THC gone out of it when we pull it out?

6. #6 HotDish, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2011
    what you think is "smoke" is actually water vapor... depending on the vape you can get little vapor.. or almost milk like vapor... as long as the weed has never turned black/grey... then its always gonna be vapor never smoke...

imho.. a vape is a great addition to anyones collection... it has a different high.. mainly because depending on what temp you are vaping at you be releasing different cannabinoids... vaping seems to keep me more "clear" while still very very stoned..

btw.. i can get ripped off of .1g of weed with my vape

7. YOU LUCKY BASTARD! STOP GLOATING! :mad:

We've been hitting this thing for a month straight now trying to get one good high and NOTHING. I'm a relatively new smoker so I know for sure it's not my tolerance. We only smoke the best shit so I know for sure it's not the marijuana. I will add that smoking the weed after vaping it usually leaves me with a headache in the morning but other than that, it gets me pretty ripped. Wish the vape had the same effect...

8. Has little to do with my tolerance.. as i've been a from morning to night smoker for a long time now and i still dont need much... not sure what your deal is... what brand vape are you using? Sometimes theres lil tips and tricks to each vaporizer

9. Don't mean to sound like a dick, but if you're a relatively new smoker with a low tolerance.......chances are, you're not smoking the best shit.

10. play around with draw speed. and post a pic of the vape.

11. just roll a doob

12. Crappy vapes work well how should i say it crappy. If it's a buddha/ssv, extreme q, volcano, zap, anything pricey then maybe theres an actual problem. but if it's a shit vape i would say retire it and either buy a good vape (theres plenty of info around here stop by the vape sticky) or use something else.

13. no disrespect. i see your point. but we've gotten the heaviest of smokers asking where we got this shit. it's not widow or orange, but it will nonetheless blast you off pretty long and hard. so not "the best" per say. i'd be in a fuckin coma of couch-lock...

i think i have a pic. i'll post it when i get home to my laptop.

14. [quote name='"dopenologist"']

maybe it's time i find a way to smoke it indoors and conceal the smell.[/quote]

smokebuddy

15. #15 vashts80, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
    if you're not getting high then you're doing it wrong or you have a defective unit, point blank period,

you don't need NEARLY that much. 0.5g in a whip vape can comfortably get 4-5 people pretty high. 400f is too high - go down to ~360ish. I used to smoke multiple times per day, EVERY DAY, and a single .2 whip pack will get me pretty high.

at 360 you won't get huge vapor clouds unless you run it through a bong. in fact, at 360 you really won't get vapor clouds at all, at least IME.

unlike smoke, you can hold vapor in for longer and afaik anything that gets exhaled really is just wasted herbage.

if your herb is turning brownish, then the heating element itself is functional which leads me to believe that you're doing it wrong.

what vaporizer do you have?

a vaporizer high is going to be a very different high from combustion. at lower temperatures it'll be more "heady" ie more pronounced colors and affinity for music, etc. once you start going past 360ish, you're getting more into cbn/cbd release, which provides for pain relief and that stony "couch lock" aspect - but it will be very clear and level headed, you almost don't feel like you're high. it almost balances out the release of the thc and the other essentials that provide for the "heady" aspect.

16. Vashts80 is right on. 360 is actually a little low, most people I know usually stay around 375, but 360 will work, it all depends on the effect you want...375 gives a more full spectrum of cannabinoids, so that will be a more familiar high.
    Not knowing what vape you have here is what I would do, first off load your whip (assuming its a whip vape), and when I say load I don't mean to cram the bud in there, just put it out on a sheet of paper and suck it into the whip, no need to pack down. Turn on the vape, set it at 375 or so, and wait about 10-15 minutes (could need less depending on what vape you have..could need more, but thats a good average), put the whip on, take a long slow inhale...that will get the bowl warm, you may get some vapor, take another one and it should be going pretty well, you should be able to exhale right after the hit and see a very thin vapor (really easy way to see it is to be in a dark room and shine a flash light or lazer pointer where you are blowing). It wont look like smoke, more like a mist..if you see that then its working properly (and if it is working right then don't exhale right away for the rest of the hits, hold em in as long as you like). If you don't see any vapor at that point then it could be a few problems: if the vape was really cheap then it may just suck, have really bad temperature fluctuations, or not hold the temperature well, so once you start to inhale the temp goes way down and it stops vaping. Since your bud is getting dark then it sounds like its working, but it could also be just from sitting by the element while its hot for that long (even if it cools off when you take a hit). It could also be a bad connection between the whip and the vape, so you may not be pulling any air past the bud if there is a leak. Check to see if there are any leaks in the whip (just cover one end and try to inhale), and check to see if it seals properly with the vape (turn the vape off and when it is cool check to see if you can feel air going into the air intake...if you can find the air intake).

Because the vape high is different I would recommend trying to stick to vaping only for a few days at least, it takes some time for some people to adjust to it, others catch on right away. Its possible that the vape high just isn't for you, but it will definitely get you high.

17. #17 Jlib, Oct 26, 2011
    A month straight and you still can't figure it out? I'd say just give up because you obviously are straight retarded.

Disrespect isn't welcome here, dude. -JD

18. for me at least, it would take 2 to 3 bong packs to get pretty high (0.4g-0.7g depending on how tightly packed each bowl was.) 0.2g can get me vaked. in fact, 0.4g of some dank got 4 of us ripped last night, both using the whip and then running it through my bong.

19. #19 xsploit, Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry was a dick, but yeah no vapes smoke or have ash

20. #20 Swag0D, Oct 27, 2011
    fuck you all. i've never vaped before and it's not my vape to know about. i'm only asking for my friend so he doesn't feel like he wasted his money. me personally, i'm fine with just blunts, bowls, and bongs but whatever. no further explanation needed.

No need to retaliate with more disrespect, man. Just report the posts and keep it cool. -JD