problems need help 6 fans and still temps over 95

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by buddy16, Jul 30, 2011.

1. ok starters i have a small cabinet which im using for a stealth grow box . i have 2 big computer fans which put out 70 cfm a piece another slightly smaller one and a 18 mm pc fan . i also have 2 small desk fans aswell. the cabinet is 40 in tall and 15 deep and 27 wide. im using these quiet fans because anything louder would give away the box is there a certain way that i can set them up in a cabinet with a shelf in it so air moves freely in and out also around the babies also any sugestions would be appretiated.
    - ways ive tried....
    1 - tried cutting two holes in each shelf so that two fans can suck in air from the floor since it would be the coldest air and there is a 4 in gap from bottom shelf to floor the top two holes on top shelf had one open hole which a fan was set on top of the hole and the other side near lights had hole with fresh air coming in from 2 pc fans then on the door i have put every fan in different directions forward and backwards trying to get temps lower but it just doesnt get lower temps the room temp inside around the cabnit is on 70 ive put each fan in every position i can think of beyond these but maybe im doing something wrong any one got any ideas ?

the goal to use quiet fans to surculate the air while keep everything cool i cant post pics cause i lost my camera but basicaly ive got holes in the door so i can put fans in the door any direction and have holes between the shelves so air can circulate threw box ive insulated the box with reflective material for the cfls to have more penetration ive concidered building the lights in a box of there own but am usure how i could get 3 cfls in a box and make it work proerly

2. any ideas im open to anything at this time thanks guys

3. you got the right idea with sucking the colder air off the floor, also northern walls and corners are going to be a few degrees cooler.

man I'm stoned as fuck and I can't picture what yer cab looks like....:bongin:

Usually some sort of nice open, free-flowing passive intake at the bottom, then a fan blowing across your lights towards the exhaust helps a ton..I'd try to focus the most powerful fans on the exhaust, sucking the hot air out from the top of the cab.

hope that helps a little..can you draw a pic?...then I'll draw a pic. :smoke:

4. thts somewat what im talking about

Attached Files:

• unn.bmp
      File size:
      3.8 MB
      Views:
  5. ohhhh...ok so you've got the staggered holes on the shelves as a Light trap.

I'd just cover the holes in the door, put 2 holes in the back for your strongest fans to exhaust and make some more holes at the bottom. also a fan blowing at the light towards the exhausting fans..:smoke:

Attached Files:

6. so basically putting a fan behind the light blowing the heat into the exhaust fan ? il give this a try cause the back is the door thats why my fans are there so i can turn it around and they wont be seen thanks for the help

7. cool..make sure you have nice open intakes too..your intakes should be 2x the size of your exhausts..so if you use two 4" x 4" fans that's 16 square inches each..=32" ... so total intake size should be about 64 square inches..

8. so what would be the best way for all 6 of the fans i have to be ran for efficiently enough i can still add a custom carbon filter to help minimise smell i have 2 4'' fans 2 3.5'' pc fans 1 90 mm and 1 80mm fan

9. I always recommend this pencil holder carbon filter..I use them alot. Cheap and so easy a caveman could do it. (no offense to any cavemen or cavewomen)

It will fit over most pc fans well...then it's up to you if you want to hang them off the back or put em inside somewhere..