Problems in my little ghetto garden

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trailerparkboy, Oct 24, 2007.

1. I'm having some problems and I cant seem to figure out what to do next.

Box: 2 rubermaid containers
    Lights: 3 26 watt 6500k CFL's 24 hours
    Temp in box under lights: 81.5
    vents: 2 5 inch fans 1 in and 1 out at the top of the box
    Strain: random bagseed

I'm on day 16 since germination in little cups. I had one jiffy pot from a previous grow and used one of those for only one plant. I am using MG organic which I used before in an all floro grow that went okay. I added about a quarter perlite to the soil as suggested by many.

I just tested the PH of my water and I'm getting 6.5 - 7.0ish range according to an aquarium kit. I almost always let the water sit for 24 hours open before using it. In additional I have fed them about 3 times a very small amount of fox farms big bloom.

So I have some droopy plants, some spotting, older growth turning yellow and some really dry spots on older growth. Since this started about a week ago I gave them some more big bloom. The I thought it was some type of fungus and I gave them all some of this stuff about 2 - 3 days ago: http://bottingsonline.com/zencart/images/products/bci_small/50/511038.jpg

So take a look at my plants. I'm tempted to just sort of wait it out a little bit and see if they can fight though but I would like some others opinions.

Here are some shots of my 5 children that I am so worried about. I can supply close ups of them if anyone wants one:

Attached Files:

2. dude your using mulch as a soil buy some fox farm soil any kind it doesnt matter it is worth th 2o bucks a bag. plus you need bigger pots then little solo cups start them out in a 3 gallon then switch to 5 gallon

3. its fine to start them in those cups! easier to deal with when transplanting!

why are you using bloom ferts? you need veg ferts like FoxFarms Grow Big....

the stufff you are using is for flowering.

you dont need to give the plants any fertilizers until they are a decent size and healthy looking.

i think you over did it with the ferts or someting cause there pretty wrinkly....

Amdrew

4. you should flush them out with clean warm water and dont use any nutes or anything for a while and see what happens.

Andrew

5. New Grow:
    I can grow in as much or as little soil, I just wont get huge plants. Last time I had a seedling I was about to throw away and I let it grow in a chopped milk gallon with about 6 cups of soil. It only gave off about a quarter and I flowered a little early but it worked. But I could get a huge plant if I put it in a bigger container.
    Also I do have some fox farms that I just bought from the store and I plan on transplanting into 1 gallon containers and keeping them under 2 feet.

Andrew:
    I used the big bloom because the chart pdf thing they have said to. The bottles also came with the same chart.
    http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf
    I kind of think your right, I'm going to cut some bigger drain holes and give them a flush. Wish me luck and thank you kindly for your advice.

Anyone else have an opinion, should I not flush?

6. first the cfls are way too hot to have that close to the plants and the soil you started with sucks and you probably have over nuted because of that. seedlings need soil with no nutes. get some foxfarms ocean forest soil and flush it a couple times before putting those babies in. dont over water after transplant

7. Heh. Yep. :wave:

Classic overwatering symptoms.

Either you're watering them too much too regularly, or your soil isn't draining well enough.

Not until the soil has completely dried out at the bottom of the cups.

When/if you do flush, I'd avoid adding any nutes for a while; MGOC already contains enough to see your plant well into the vegetative stage.

8. they are getting to much heat man to much heat ...
    the plant defends himself from the heat by lay down ore you have overwatering it...
    wish u luck .D

9. I have read as a rule of thumb is to have 1 gal of soil to every foot of plant.
    GL

10. Well guys last night I did a big flush, it was a tuff decision to make but I coudln't watch them suffer any longer.
    I've been watering them every day - two days with about 2 - 4 oz's of water on each. I've been waiting until the cups are dry an inch down before watering.
    Oveheating is def a possibility, I have my thermometer sensor hanging a half inch below one of the bulbs and right now in the cold morning I am getting 78.4, do you still think its over heating? Should I remove some bulbs for the time being?

11. It's not a temperature issue if you're at 78 degrees.

It sounds like you're simply doing too much to them. They don't need anything except water at that size. You've given them big bloom three times? You're not even on a flowering light schedule yet. Patience, man. You're killing them with kindness.

Put them on 18/6. Buy a Walmart timer if you don't have one. Water them every three days, or when the cup feels very light, and NOT SOONER. The roots are already down to the bottom of the cups by now. Make sure you have good drainage in the cups.

And only look at them ONCE A DAY. Ignore them the rest of the time. You know your box is running right with temps and ventilation, so give them some time alone. The more you look, the more you start thinking about adding more stuff that you probably shouldn't.

This forum is misleading... You read about flushing, nutes, LSTing, watering, etc. but you don't get a feel for how much down-time there is between ANY of those things. It's a three-month+ process, and except for heat and ventilation issues, doing nothing is usually better than doing too much of anything.