Problems growing Cbd strains?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Sammytom11, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Hey I'm new on here but I wanted to put it out there I got these seeds by docs sank seeds that I got from the emerald cup in cali and they're supposed to be a strain that's professor moriarty x Franks gift, I was given six seeds and so far I have six beautiful plants that so far 5 turned out to be male and only one female, it blows my mind cuz I've been growing for a while now and have never had such a horrible male to female ratio and I need the cbd bad cuz my whole family takes it and it's expensive too and we can't keep buying it sadly, anyway I guess my question is is it normal for cbd strains to be fickle and not very easy to get females since my plants are pretty nice really, short and bushy and have been taken well care of? Can't find any info on the professor moriarty or really on cbd strains

2. No reason why females would be any less common with cbd strains. It's weed all the same. Best off just buying feminized seeds if you can that way it's very unlikely to have males.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah thAt makes sense and kinda what I was thinking too, but yeah prolly just buy femininized seeds next year, awesome thank you man

• Like Like x 1
  4. Why?????

With this luck, by next year you'll have a thousand seeds from 1 plant!
    Just plant a couple handfuls and select plenty of females to keep.
    Make seeds every 2 years and you'll have this strain forever.

5. I popped one and it was a girl. I did pop a 5 pack of CBD from another breeder and they were all boys. That sucked. I want to go feminized as suggested above but am LOVING Irie genetics. I average about 60% female to male.