Problems got worse...need help fast

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by -=CrAnSwIcK=-, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Ok, i flushed the soil, but i don't think that was the problem...at first the dying leaves slowed down, but now it's like dying at a rediculous rate....here are the worst of the worst that i pinched off....

there are more that are browning starting from the veins outward....this is really starting to worry me...some of the healthier leaves even have holes in them...so i'm begining to think this has nothing to do with nutrients....

exhibit A: this one is the worst for the black spots starting from the veins...
    [​IMG]

The next few still have a bit of green, but for the most part they're fubar...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now this one i left the image rather large because i noticed aside from the fact that my plant is pretty fucked, that it has this weird glossy shit on the middle finger.....
    [​IMG]

2. Here are pics of leaves that are still attached to the plant...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Ok, i'm tired of all this shyte...i went to the store today, i bought the schultz pplant food, i mixed it into a 3 litre jug of distilled water...and into a spray bottle, i transplanted to my final pot, i scrap the miracle gro soil, so should i get some 12-0-0 or something??...and here are the test results of the soil....I also bought some schultz insect spray...

Here are my individual tests...i tested the nutrient levels after i got a positive on the neutral pH level...but the nutrient levels seem a little low according to the chart...
    [​IMG]

And the comparison chart....
    [​IMG]

4. If you were using Miricle Grow soil with nutrients in it, then a flush won't do anything. The only thing that can be done is to transplant out of the soil. Still looks like nute burn to me. Also, the leaves that have holes in them is from insect damage of some kind.

5. yeah, i used the schultz insect spray today, top and bottom...

but the thing is that if it's nutrient burn, then there's nothing i can do to reverse it, cause the leaves are already dying...i did transplant it to non-miracle gro soil...but the soil tested extremely low in the nutrients department...hopefully the leaves that haven't been affected yet will be ok, cause the new soil is clean, and i took as much old soil off the roots as i could without causing any damage...

6. You want soil with no nutrients. I would also not give it nutrients for at least a week maybe 2. It will take some time for them to recover and the damaged leaves will never heal. You will know they are getting better if the burning does not progress and the new growth comes in green. When you are ready to fertilize, go with some 20-20-20 or something similar.

7. 10-15-10?? that's all i have...

8. When the middle number in the NPK ratio is the highest, you have a fertilizer meant for the flowering phase. When the first number, the N is highest, that is for vegative growth. If that fertilizer is all you have, I guess it will work but, don't give them any food for a while.

9. if your saying you tested your miracle grow soil for ferts then your nutrient levels wouldnt be high. If im not mistaken for the same reason you cant "flush" the time release ferts, i dont think they test accurately.?.?.?

10. Well, I know miracle grow soil is a dirty word around here, but I use it and have had great results so far. I plant the seedlings in it and don't add any other fertilizer during the whole veg period. Once I start flowering I hit it with Schultz's bloom fert.

But, back to your problem. Some insects (spiders/mites) will not only chew on plants, but they leave their juices (for a lack of a better word) on the plant and that can cause the leaves to die. I would trim off the worst leaves, let the insect spray do it's thing and see what happens. Good luck!

11. nope, i transplanted from the MG soil...to new soil, and then i tested the new soil :) thing is though, that it's still getting worse...all the bottom new growth is dead/dying....the top still looks good, but if new growth is dying then we have a BIG problem....

it's looking pretty bad, i'll get some more pics....should i grab a couple clones and call it a day??

i got a 4 bulb fixture for my compact fluoros...so i might just snag some clones while it's still alive and start over, indoors...this one might be fubar, but i'll let you guys be the judge, when i get some pics up...

12. Can you take more pics of the plant for me? I would like to see some shots of the entire plant from the side and also some shots of the yellow leaves. If you just transplanted from MG on the 8 th or so, give it a bit more time to recover.

13. ok, i don't have pics yet, but another problem has come up...the tips of the new growth are black...and some of the pistils on the lower nodes turned black too...like wtf is that all about?? i haven't done anything but given it sunlight and distilled water for the past week or so since i transplanted...and it's not getting any better...

14. Ok, here are the pics...she's looking pretty thin these days, since i had to pinch off like 8 necrotic leaves...anyways it's looking alright now...but some of the pistils appear to have been affected...maybe i didn't pinch off the necrosis soon enough?? i dunno...still a noob over here....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. man miracle grow soil used to be good, but since they have timed release ferts its shit!

now for this, your nutes are very low you have many deficienies there

you have phosphorus, calcium deficiency

also you have a pest problem
    this plant go outside by any chance?

flushing will eventualy flush time relased ferts out but you have to flush much more than a
    normal flush......

you need to feed your plant, have you got any ferts?

16. yeah i have the schultz 10-15-10 liquid....how often should i spray it?? or should i water the soil with my special fert water?? And the pest problem has been taken care of...and no, it's no longer outdoors...