problem:(

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by brown1888, Aug 26, 2012.

1. hey guys some may know i been following watchers guide but have run into problems which i always do in coco lol
    i have 0 ec water so basically ro water out the tap!
    have been feeding 0.8 formulex topped upto 1ec with calmag ph 5.8
    temps are all fine ect
    fed once with plagron a&b at 1ec and no calmag to see if i could rectify the issue im coming up against
    basically the older leaves are dieing off
    over feeding? under feeding?
    have been feeding/watering once every 2 days right now:)
    heres some pics and anymore info u guys need just shout and any help is truly appreicated:)
    ohhh eveything is phd to 5.8

Attached Files:

2. here the ones im mainly worried about as the last 5 photos look ok right?

Attached Files:

3. im going to guess @ some overwatering

how much water at a watering are you giving

ah you are in coco, I am not sure how that crap works lol

4. yep coco coir so making sure atleast 30% but to be honest im porb giving more than 30% run off if that helps anyone

5. I had the same thing happen to last two inside grows, one in soil and the one on coco I am growing now. Mine had the lower leaves doing that and looked exactly like yours do but it was at about 3 weeks. I don't know the answer but would lie to know as well.

6. Does coco hold water like soil?

7. coco holds the perfect amount of water to air ratio so once plants are established theres no need to worry as much about over watering
    from wot i read it should be watered/fed every single day

8. Your plants look pretty good to me....Possible those bottom leaves got burned from touching the medium or splashing water/feed on them.....

9. that was my imediatte thought but this is now the 2 node if u liek that died?
    seems like its either eating itself or drying up and dieing

10. It's not spreading to the rest of the leaves and that's a good sign....Those affected leaves are not true leaves and think I would just let them finish doing their thing. If their were more leaves like that I would be more concerned....

99.9% of the plant looks great and the other 1/10 is minor. If it were mine I would snip those affected leaves off, just in case it was caused by some insect etc.....

11. hmmm ok mate:) good suggestion ill give it a go and continue with the 1 ec of a&b doing my head in tho lol everytime i get another new set of leaves the older ones die:(

12. snip em like cola suggested

those very bottom nodes dont really add up to shit in the long run anyway

get that good energy to the parts of the plant that are healthy

13. Broony, how old is that plant? Can't wait for mine to look like that! Well, except for the dying leaf. ;)

14. they popped above the ground on the 8th of august:) its on page 8 of watchers guide,they sure as hell moved fast with the feeding from day one
    so prob 20 days old ish?

15. Right brownsville... first post... pic on the far left = sexy... pic on the far right = not bad, but not so sexy. Shouldn't be hard to get that right bro.

Couple of things. Did you do the run with cal mag vs just formulex? remember when we talked about giving some cal mag and some none... what happened there? Did you just go and feed them all the same in the end?

At first glance, the far right in post 1 looks slightly underfed. Don't water them every day yet. Water them once til run through when you pot up, then just let them grow into the pot for a few days.

What light cycle are you using and what are your lowest night time temps?