Problem with Pax by Ploom

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by doublejointed, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Hi all,

Got my Pax! It's pretty cool so far.
    I have only had it 24 hours and I'm having a problem. It always thinks I have removed the mouthpiece to change the heat level, even when I have it on. I tried cleaning it and it didn't help.

Also, the mouthpiece deploys very slowly as if its stuck.

What should I do?
    Thanks
    Sam

2. Take the mouthpiece out and dip the end in rubbing alcohol then put it back in and move it up and down about 12 times.

3. Yeah my brother has had that problem with his Pax all the time like before a session it will take like 5-10 minutes playing the mouthpiece clicking game untill it turns purple and actually starts baking... My best advice dude is to clean you Pax every 5 uses and it gets to be a pain in the ass doing it all the time but "A clean Pax is a happy Pax"
    Thank god I got the Mflb which can last like 30 sessions before needed to be cleaned! :p

Pero Likee wtf!

4. a lot of people have this problem i guess when they don't clean their pax. there's a lot of info on it at Pax Portable Vaporizer Review if you read the comments you'll find out how to fix this problem. hope that helps.

5. #5 PinkFloyd42o, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
    I just ordered one yesterday afternoon......

And canceled my order this afternoon.....

Toooooo many bad reviews EVERYWHERE on the internet from forums and blogs about how the mouth piece gets stuck all the time, and the temperature button gets stuck also. A lot of people claim cleaning the pax really good only to find it getting stuck pretty damn quick again..

They recommend putting food grad lube in/on the inside of the mouth piece but I can see that becoming an issue also. If you have to lube it up often, the lube will build up inside on the vape and cause a mess and even start vaping the lube itself...no thanks.

6. I've had my pax for a couple months now and love it. It provides really great vapor quality for a portable and is very small. My mouthpiece has gotten stuck only once and since then have cleaned it more often. I don't have the lube but your worry about its build up isn't a real concern. You use a really small amount and it probably will come off while cleaning. I think a lot of people gave it bad reviews because they didn't know what they were getting themselves into before they bought it. A lot of people saw the clouds it could put out and neglected the maintenance. It doesn't matter to me if you get one or not but I've been very happy with mine.

7. Yeah I find that if you clean it every 4-5 sessions that it will work perfect Everytime :)

Pero Likee wtf!

8. I love my pax. Its awesome. I use it everyday, and clean it once a week. Its not that hard to clean it. Its worth it :)

9. It's funny how all your post have to do with how amazing your Pax is... :rolleyes:

10. Sucks for you dude.

They've already released models that fix so many problems plaguing users. But regardless most problems are from people not taking care of their pax properly,(Mouthpiece sticking, iso on the temp button, etc.).

And the reason why its sticks is because it was NOT designed to be used to vape weed. When you vape tobacco you don't get that stickiness that only comes from vaping weed. And people of course don't understand BASIC INSTRUCTIONS (a clean pax is a happy pax), so they obviously had major problems.

But Ploom being the fantastic company they are, readily replaced, fixed, and released new models to cater to people who vape with weed. I'm assuming its because the majority of their orders are from people who wanna vape weed, not tobacco. But regardless I love the shit out of my Pax.

11. thats not true, well not fully...

it is marketed as a tobacco vaporizer, but the temps are significantly higher on the pax than those of tobacco vaporization.

12. It was ALWAYS designed to be used with weed. The reason why they say tobacco is strictly for legal issues.

Coming out with a product such as this to be used strictly for tobacco would have been the dumbest move that any company could have made.

13. Actually tobacco vaporization at higher temps will give you a better buzz. Almost to the point of combustion I know but still used.

The device was actually conceived as a senior project in college by a few engineers and then moved to something bigger. It was originally designed as a tobacco vaporizer. Which is exactly why it was having all of those problems. It wasn't engineered to have people vape weed out of it. And it wasn't engineered to vape 10-50 bowls without ever cleaning it either. You don't see other vaporizers having this problem. Mainly because those companies designed it to vape weed as well if it ever did happen.

Not sure if you know this either but weed is still illegal on a federal level as well as the vast majority of the states. So creating a product to fit a gap in a multi-billion dollar industry is one of the dumbest moves a company could do? Really?

That completely makes sense. No really. Read that out loud and see if it still makes sense to you.

14. ive had my Pax since last summer and i did have the temp light issue but if you get the inter-dental brushes and CLEAN your vape it never/hardly ever happens. i clean my vape almost every day when i get home or at the least every other day. take less than 5 mins and if you keep on top of it it take little to no time.

the charging issues are also related to keeping it clean. the contacts are right inside the mouthpiece port on the sides. when your cleaning hit them with some iso and the interdental brush to keep them clean. also every couple months rebend the contacts a little on the charger stand. the lose a little "spring in thier step" after a while. i was noticing inconsistant charging until i did that.

PAX on!!

15. Ploom makes a mouth piece lube that you just apply to the mouth piece, it pretty much solves all the problems. and you only have to re-apply every couple months for casual use. One packet of the lube will last a while.

16. Well this is a thread about the pax, if you're looking for posts about something else search elsewhere.

17. That's not the point, the point is that we want honest information about it.

18. what information has not been honest?