Problem with my bagseed outdoor --> indoor grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by heartbeating, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sup GC,
    I posted some pics of my indoor plant (previously was outdoors for 4 months) and could use some help. My question is, what the crap are those dark leaves and such doing at the very top of my plant? What caused them; should I be worried about it?

What type of medium; soil or hydro?
    Soil

What brand and type of soil?
    Walmart Organic, orange bag

Indoors or outdoors?
    Outdoors from June-end of August. Came indoors about a week ago

What strain?
    Brickweed, bagseed

How old are the plants?”
    Germed at the end of may, brought it outside at the getgo of June

What type of lights and how many watts?
    CFLs – 9*26w= 234w

How far from the lights?
    5 of them are about a foot away. The rest are within a few inches of the leaves.

What is your watering frequency and source of water?
    Indoors I want to water every other day, but that may push it I think? Source is just tap water – my PH meter isn't giving me too much trouble about it either.

What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?
    I gave it Superthrive and Miracle Gro houseplant food twice, once when it came in and once a few days back. I think the 2nd bit of Superthrive may not have been diluted enough and killed a couple of the weaker leaves.

What are the temps and humidity in the room?
    Humidity is fine, temps could be a bit cooler but I don't think they are too bad – perhaps 85 at the hottest.

What size pots?
    6inch diameter

Any bugs? Look real close.
    Nope.

Any other pertinent info?
    Honestly this plant went through lots of stress this summer. Low light (it was in a gulley) and infrequent water due to me and the rains being inconsistent. I knew I didn't have time to treat this bagseed well so I just let it go save watering it 5 times.
    I am essentially bringing it in here to see how much I can get out of it if I flower it well. Beyond that, I'm not too concerned. I am mostly posting this to see how good of a resource you guys are, and whether I have a more serious problem on my hands than I currently think.
    Thanks a lot GC!

Attached Files:

2. As of today its a little less obvious. I'll watch it for another few days and see what ends up happening, maybe it is going to clear up on its own.

3. You need to fertilize. Also bigger containers. That is Calcium or Boron. Most likely Calcium. Limestone or Bonemeal will do it. That plant is screwed. It would probably be better just to start new ones and try again.

4. Haha yes I have pretty much come to the same conclusion. I have a single NLxShiva in the works that will actually get attention. I intend just to keep this bagseed alive so that I can make some hash out of it perhaps. But yeah, my strain seeds will get plenty of TLC. I will go ahead and fertilize this one with something. Any suggestions? Is the Miracle Gro Houseplant food not really that hot? I'll go read up on ferts I guess.

5. Fertilizer wont do anything withour Ca...

15-30-15 works sufficiently

6. Yeah, I've got some limestone - I'll give that a shot.

Do you think its worth just letting the plant veg til I flower my new one? Let it sex and maybe use it for hash?

7. Brickweed is almost always sativa. It will take forever to flower and will get quite large. I do not think it will make good hash cause it is not an indica. The bud might be suprisingly good if you give it good care. Brickweed is neglected for the whole production cycle. Growing those seeds will almost certainly produce better herbs then the bag you got them out of. Youre gonna want to transplant the thing and let the nutrient deficiencies subside before you flower it.