problem with leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jokuindica, Jan 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. heres picture
    [​IMG]
    i grow in soil and watering ph is 6.5
    under 400w hps
    so the question is whats up with those leaves? is the problem bad?

2. Hey bromato we need a better pic. Or at least I do. Maybe stand back a few feet? Just looks like a painting to me.(kidding) :love-m3j:

J Evergreen

3. Hey bromato we need a better pic. Or at least I do. Maybe stand back a few feet? Just looks like a painting to me.(kidding) :love-m3j:

J Evergreen

4. Hey bromato we need a better pic. Or at least I do. Maybe stand back a few feet? Just looks like a painting to me.(kidding) :love-m3j:

J Evergreen

5. Fuck sorry for the 3x reply. Shitty internet at work. I go from 1 to no bars constantly.

6. [​IMG]

7. Okay, so I see a little bit going on now. Can you tell me your watering schedule?

Thanks for the picture by the way. Someone is going to be able help pretty quickly as long as they decide to post. There are people here with way more knowledge then me. I just noticed no one is helping you.

J Evergreen

8. Do you have a fan blowing directly at the plants ? The leaf on the bottom almost looks like p.h imbalance but its hard to tell with the lighting of the picture. Are you using nutes? What soil? Are you checking the p.h coming out as well?

9. i dont have any fan but tomorrow i have and yeah those bottom leaves burned or something because i accidentally one time (about two weeks ago) watered the soil and the water ph was 9
    nutes and soil mixed and the soil has
    N/450MG/KG
    P/270MG/KG
    K/1800MG/KG

10. Looks like classic early nitro toxicity to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Okay, the water wich is coming out from the bottom of the pot the PH is 7.5
    and heres close up pic of couple of leaves

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Too much of anything can cause the ph to get steered off and interfere with uptake of other nutrients. I would flush the medium. Have you used plenty of perlite or other drainage/aeration promoting material in the soil? If not I would think about a transplant. After the flush let the plant dry out and come back with less feed then you were previously using.

13. Your NPK ratio isn't that ideal imo for cannabis. It likes phosphorus. You have twice as much nitro compared to phosphorus.

14. Yeah i mixed soil and nutes 40/60

15. Like Tbone Shuffle said, it points to a early nitro toxicity, but I will add this, that probably wouldn't have ever happened if your medium had used at least 25% perlite in it. When you have a dense soil structure, you allow for standing water pockets to form, and those same water pockets have a very hard time evaporating because there isn't enough oxygen in the soil.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Perlite is like gold for growers. You'll find if you look about 90% of experienced growers use 15-30% course perlite no matter what medium they use. Soil, coco, promix, ect.

It resists compaction like nothing else. The other thing that can make a plant look overwatered and droopy like that is lack of air to the roots. That's exactly what happens over time if you don't mix in aeration promoting material.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. is it good idea if i go to buy perlite,biobizz soil and transplant my plant to the bigger pot?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lack of oxygen was what I was going to propose earlier. Glad you said something. It might not be the reason but it sure seems like that's not helping. Especially with all of those hydrotons on top and a plastic pot. I wouldn't do that unless I was using smart pots which would get more air, and even then I leave the top open for top dresses and such.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 10litre pot