Problem with Leaves!?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by PurpAndSyrup, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Ok, so today I went to check on my girls and found one of the plants had some leaves that were drooping really bad, the stem to the leaf was very weak. The plant is about 15 inches, in it's 7th week of Vegetation and was looking good until I discovored this problem. I have 23 plants in 3 and 5 gallon buckets, I have 2 400W HPS lights on them and a fan constantly blowing air around in the room. This seems to be the only plant that has leaves drooping this severely. I am using Earth Juice every 7 days with a good watering.

2. Need pics to tell

3. I'll post pics up later. What could cause the leaves to droop that much?

4. pH? Temp? and how often do you water?

5. Check em out! Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

6. In those pictures the soil looks very dry.so dry the soil cracked. If it is that dry then the plant absolutely can wilt from it but they perk right up five minutes after watering
    How often you water them

7. It's too dry? I water about once every 3 days, Do I really need to put holes in my buckets for drainage or can I get by without it.

8. That plant needs some water. As it grows it will need to be watered more frequently. When you water, you want to pour water until you see about 15% of the water runoff. But for that you will need drain holes. So please do put some holes in those buckets. Just get a screwdriver and a lighter. Heat the screwdriver up and poke holes in the very bottom of the bucket. Just don't shove the hot screwdriver deep into the bucket, you don't want to damage the roots.

9. Looks like your girls.could use some water, every 3 days might be too long between watering.

10. I put some water to em and the leaves picked up within an hour, I want to add drain holes to the bottom of the buckets but I don't have a place for the water to go after they drain out of the bottom of the buckets as my grow is indoors and it will make a mess without some sort of tray.

11. You can get catch trays from the local Walmart for like .79 each. Place them under the buckets to catch the water and no mess. Or if the plants are able to be moved just water them in the bath tub:smoke:

12. Sounds good. How do the plants look overall?

13. Also, I forgot to add another question.. The stems on the plants aren't growing straight, they are bending a little near the top. What causes the stems to grow crooked like this.

14. They aren't bending much at all, It's nothing I am really worried about. It just seems like the plant is top-heavy. Is 2- 400W lights enough for 23 plants?