Problem with Fox Farm Nutes

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by billgee, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Im having a newbies problem with Fox Farm Nutes.
    Grow Big says it is 6-4-4 and Im cool with that after all my GC research.
    Big Bloom says 0.1-0.3-0.7 and that dont jive.

Though Im not supposed to use it on seedlings it gave them a big boost at 1/2 strength in my first 2 weeks.

2. What exactly is the problem? You just don't buy the NPK ratio in Big Bloom? It is an organic with lots of micro-nutrients. They don't show up in the NPK ratio, but they are important to the system throughout the whole grow.

Good luck.

3. My plant can handle 6 tsp of Big Bloom just fine. Its the full strength Grow Big and Tiger Bloom where you start to run the risk of nute burn

4. STOP what you are doing right now!

seedlings dont need nutes AT ALL since you have new soil it already has nutes in the soil so you are gonna nute burn your plants. bet u a dollar you will definitely see burn yellow leaves within a week

5. Grow Big and Big Bloom are great for the veg. stage. I don't see a problem using the big bloom during seedling stage if you use seedling starter soil. I never do but it says you can on the feed schedule. It's great stuff. Learn how to tell what your plants need they will tell you.

6. I second that if you are using the ff soil then you don't ned to add anything to it for few weeks

7. I never add anything to my seedlings.

8. Plain water (RO or Distilled) for 3 weeks. Listen to everybodies advice. All I use is FF and it's great. Follow the schedule but, make sure when you start you slowly work them up to full strength to see what they can handle.

9. Oh!
    So its just that Big Blooms microscopic NPK is good for babies and probably wont burn.

10. i hear worm castings(worm poop) is very gentle in nutes or micro activity

11. I heard that too. Sound cool. Anybody know more about this?

12. I swept up a pile of leaves at my summer home. The next year it was the most beautiful black soil you ever saw. I couldnt keep my hands out of it.
    Perfect!

13. Are you not going to be using Tiger Bloom for your grow?

14. Big bloom is what I use from veg all the way thro harvest and week three is when I start using it

15. cool thanx:hello:

16. i've been using Fox Farm nutes according to schedule and have major problems. this grow, i've been vegging for about 8 weeks now. just started the flower schedule 2 weeks ago. problems got worse. instead of flushing i re-potted the plants using fresh pro-mix. maybe i'm being impatient but after 3 days and still looking bad i decided to cut the plants back. now i'm thinking about going back into veg so it can rehabilitate. if i go back to veg schedule what will happen since plants have already gotten a dose of flower schedule? and, is there anything i can do in the future to prevent this? this has happened on my last 2 grows using the pro mix. should i add lime, bonemeal etc to the soil in the beginning? should i just ditch fox farm all together and try something else? i think what i need is a good recipe using pro mix. i grow indoors in 5 gal nursery containers. this seems to show up late in veg each time.