problem... the plant is too big. lol

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by told, Dec 1, 2010.

1. #1 told, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
    High all,

I think i waited too long to flower my plant. I started flowering about 2 weeks ago after about 2 months of veg, and its growing so fast i dont know if my box will be able to sustain it. Is there any way i can stunt the growth?

I did low stress training its entire veg state and now its one huge bush. I think i can tie down the main shoots about 1-2 inches more but thats it. In one of the photos you can see that i have "alot" of room but near the top of the exuast is a 9" long inline duct fan you cant see, thats where it stops.

The plant is about 1.8 cubic feet in dimension with a 1' tall pot, under 400w HPS. The milk jug with a straw? thats the old yeast, water and sugar trick to produce C02.

help :D

Attached Files:

2. have u done comparative testing w/ that co2 thingamajig?

3. #3 motorheed, Dec 1, 2010
    hi bud.:)
    great problem to have,lol.
    seriously though looking at your pics i,d say you will get away with it as ganja plants know there limitations,meaning it knows when it touches walls it wont grow further outwards it will find the space it needs & then find where more space is & being 2 weeks into flower you,ll get that spurt of quick growth then it will slow down,so i would,nt worry my friend you,ll be able to grow it within your dimensions easily,with maybe a wee tweek here or there;),if you need to you could get bamboo canes and tie branches on to them and just let it grow upwards as your problem is just the width of your room not the height

hope this helps, take care & all the best with your grow.

ps;lovely looking plant mate:smoke:

4. yea man plants are amazing and know where they are, i had about 7 or 8" from the top from my first grow b4 even flowering and to my surprise the plants adjusted and stayed within that space, they were still touching the top but they didnt break

5. #5 told, Dec 1, 2010
    none at all lol, it seems to be helping but i dont have anything to compare that too.

thanks for the help everyone, im going to let it do its thing and see what happens.

6. try supercropping or bending the stems to the side and downwards.

7. i like the supercropping idea thanks for that one. but do you think it will stress the plant out too much since its been flowering for about 2 weeks now?

8. idk, but im still supercropping and im 6 weeks into flower so jus ill find out once harvest rols along, i read somwhere that the more the plant is stressed during its life the mor eit portects it self by secretign compounds to heal it self which then are used as meddicine and better medicine for that reason, sounds good jus hoppe my buds grow large n dense!

9. i wouldnt panic just yet....you still got room. plus you said your already 2 weeks in flower so a good bit of stretching has already been done. best of luck to ya