Problem plant

Discussion in 'Picture Post Archive' started by SmknVTEC, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Any thoughts on why my leaves are burned. Initially the plants were too close to my new HID light. Also a magnesium deficiency might be occuring.
    Any thoughts would be helpfull to this first time grower.

Thanks,
    Matt

Attached Files:

2. need a bit more info.....how old are they, what size of light are they under and also what size of pot are they in.......what you use to fert, and how much of it, and when........ph of soil as well............Peace out........Sid

3. yar thats not good dude, I'd be crying right now

cheers hope it works out

4. Sid,
    Here is the answer to your questions in order;

Plants are 14weeks old
    400watt HPS Sun Agro System
    Pots 1-2 gallon {not sure}
    Fertilizer is liquid miracle grow all purpose plant food
    Fed once a week when watering 1teaspoon per quart of water
    I have no idea what the ph of the soil is

Thanks,
    Matt

5. I belive someone already pointed out to you that your pots are too small,you might want to look into a bigger pot.
    Fertilizers...assuming you've been using it through the past weeks.It's always recomended to start at a 1/4 strenth then gradually work your way up to half strenth then full strenth.
    It would help if you knew the ph of the water your using...or better yet the soil.Ideally the PH should be around 6.5 to 7.0

6. I don't think it's fert burn, either. I did that to mine and the reaction of the plant wasn't like yours.

My leaves would do that if the lights were too close.

There's a picture chart somewhere that has great examples of different problems that someone posted for me. I'll try to find it or maybe someone will post it, again.

7. if i were you' i'd transplant into a 5 gallon pot, and then flush with water, till it starts running out the bottom, and see how it goes..........Peace out.........Sid

8. Thanks for the comments guys.

I have moved the pots to about five feet away from the light. I guess that was stupid putting them so close to the light and then hesitating to move them away. This is my first attempt at growing anything from seed.

Nonetheless, It looks like they are not getting any worse. I am still going to pick up some Epsome salt. Anyone know how much, and how often to use this per quart of water?

Thanks,
    Matt