Problem plant

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nate030397, Feb 25, 2013.

1. This is my first grow. I have 4 clones total. 2 Headband and 2 Jack Herer. All of the ladies I have seem to be in excellent health but one.

There are a few things to consider:
    600 watt MH light.
    Temps range from 70-76 degrees lights on.
    Lights off 60-65 degrees.
    I'm using a 18/6 light schedule.
    Fair ventilation, one of the most basic parts of my grow.
    Using 1/4 strength fox farm grow big per gallon. So I'm confused its nute burn.

Now this is the rough part. I currently don't have a ph meter (I understand the importance one of my next purchases.) I also do not remember what soil I planted in. I know it was less than optimal, I was less informed than I wish to admit at the time. The rest of my girls are in FFOF. I also should add I didn't have enough pots so I improvised. The yellowing and what not was present before I tried bending and topping so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I realize this is most likely Ph related but bear with me until I am able to get a meter. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Untill you get a decent digital PH meter for liquids you can get an a liquid dropper solution kit from Wal Mart. It will give you a general idea of the PH. When using one of those and testing the run off after a nute feeding can be a little tricky trying to compaire the run off color to the little color chart that comes with PH dropper solution kits. You might want to find another container for the one in the clear bucket. Nute burn will start at the leaf tips and work its way in. But your plants do look to be nitrogen deficient from the pale yellow look they have.

3. First, what's up with all that dental floss looking string? Get rid of that, if you must LST use a thicker twine. You are going to hurt your plants

What's your watering schedule? looks like overwatering symptoms to me.

You don't really need a pH meter in soil... sure it helps, but soil is pretty forgiving. Just make sure to top dress your soil with some "Garden Lime", this will buffer your soil healthy pH.

4. Didnt even notice the dental floss looking string. yeha I would get rid of that as it can cut into the plant. I use the cheap contractors string from Harbor Freight.

5. Once a week typically if its dry sometimes longer. The string used for tying is needle thread. I realize that's not choice but I've been very careful. I also wasn't able to tie thicker stuff onto such small shoots so I went onto a fall back choice.

6. I use 1/2" silk ribbon from wal-mart. But I don't LST, just use it to tie up huge buds from falling over.

7. Here are the rest. Looking fine to my beginners eye. So this is why I find my problem strange. Generally the same conditions but soil. Same nutes same amount I even increased slightly on the problem plant. I also heavily flushed suspecting I might have some lockout going on.

Attached Files:

8. Did you give them a light nute feeding after flushing? Whenever you flush the soil your also flushing the nutes out. The organic nutes in Ocean Forest are only good for about 30 days less if you have to water more often or have to flush the soil.

9. Yes I gave them one teaspoon grow big per gallon on the suspicion of nute deficiency. No signs yet if it will be able to recover. I'm considering just pulling it and focusing more on the healthy ones.