Problem? Or not?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NYC Diesel, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Well today my plant is 32 days old, (started march 5th), and it is barely over two inches. I have some reasons why this probably happened, but i want some extra input on this. This is my first grow, so the first two weeks were pretty bad. Ill run you through this plants biography. The day it sprouted it went a couple hours without light because i was out of the house, i had to run some errands. It wasnt stretched, so i put it under my light right away. Being an idiot, it was a uv light and barely did anything beneficial for the first hours of life. Then i moved it under two 18w cool white lights, and left the uv light on about 3-4 inches away. What do you know, i left my grow room and didnt check on it until night, and the first set of real leaves after the cotyledon had been completely burned black on one leaf. (FUCK) So i take a razor balde and chop off that leaf. A sad attempt of a plant sitting on front of me, i decided to keep going just for the heck of it. As it starts to come up with new leaves about 3 days later, it looks like it mioght be not so bad. Next week i gave a fraction of a taste of nutes just to give it a little vigor, and it actually grew a little better. By the way my cfls were usually about 1-2 inches away at all times here. Unfortunately, around the end of the second week of growth, just at things started to speed up again, my lights fell on my plants for about half an hour, and i had to trim off one and about 2 fan leaves(FUCK X2). After gertting mouted off on one threads for letting my lights burn my plant, i decided to shape up this grow so i dont start to cry. I went out and bought a couple day lights cfls (2 26w 6500k, 2 27w 5500k, 1 13w 6500k) and put them around the plants, it looked pretty wimpy with all htese trimmed leaves, and was about 1 inch or so. The past two weeks now i have nuted once or so, and growth has been doing ok, until i got drunk a few days ago and left the lights on for 40 hours(woops) but luckily the plant just got away with a little crispiness, not really delaying. Most pics of plants i see around my age are waaaaaay bigger than my plant, could it be what happened with the fan leaves? Genetics? Strain(Sensi Star)? Im considering starting up another plant and NOT fucking up this time, and just leaving this plant on my windowsill.

Any questions or comments will be awsomely appreciated, so even if its small dont be afraid to contribute. :smoke:

2. Nobody has anything to say?

3. It's probably stressed the hell out and stunted. I don't think there's much you can do to save it. What kind of soil are you using and nutes? If it's Miracle Grow, that soil has too many nutes for a baby plant and causes nutrient lockout which = stunted growth. A new plant doesn't need nutes for the first few weeks of its life.

And if you start a new plant, DO NOT leave it on a windowsill. It'll be stretched beyond beliefs and the yield will suck. Do it the right way and you'll be happy.

4. no pictures means no definate answers. to be quite blunt you idea of starting a new grow may be a good idea. we all learn by our experiences; no book or advice off of anyone on here will give you more beneficial information than actual personal experience. dont be put off by failure; failure is just a step on the road to success. we all make mistakes.

5. i dont waste money of expesnive soils, i just grabbed some soil from my backyard mixed in with compost. it may have some random soils from previous gardening, but there definitely isnt too much nutrients. I germed the new plant the other day and i am currently waiting for a sprout. IDK what i will do with the retard plant, maybe i will give it to a friend. It is probabaly stunted, maybe ill just flower it early. Im not sure what im going to do yet