Problem or Not?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by almostgrower, Mar 29, 2015.

1. So I don't know if this is a big problem or not or Wat I should do about it but wen I water one of my plants the roots show && I have to pack dirt back on top of the she's in a 5gal pot

Attached Files:

2. it's fine the water just moved the soil around. You did the right thing . Keep the roots covered t h ey font like light

3. Thanks, I have another question while I have your attention is there any recommended cloning gel or will any kind be ok

4. any kind will do the trick.

5. mulch the top layer of your soil. Some even use cardboard.

Best cloning gel I have found is something called H2O. They sell it in bottles at the C store. But if you want your water supercharged there is always somebody to sell you a product to do it.

6. Thanks Yu guys, Yu said I can use cardboard? && I'll definitely Google the H2O

7. #7 lotek590, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
    outside, that sun can really burn those exposed roots. That's why God kills the bottom leaves and turns them yellow so they can die and mulch the roots to protect them from drought and the harsh sun. Indoors you should have it so bad. "Your light is so intense it burns the roots." But still, no use letting them be exposed like that even to a weak artificial light. Ideally you would have some hardwood fines mulch like they sell at the big box store. But anything will do. Shredded paper, or just like you are doing, piling up a little soil.

as for h2o, clones are cheap, as far as I know most of us get them for free. Try that. if that doesn't work, you can pay the medicine man for the next greatest or oldest working root gel. Just because your grandmother used it doesn't mean she was any less gullible than you.

8. Thanks I live in Ohio so I don't know many People that grow or where I can get clones from besides my own trees, I wanna try some root gel because I'm going to be putting straight into dirt after I clip so I want better chances of success.. Thanks for the tips..

9. yeah, that's what I meant. We all get them for free from our own plants. I was just funning with you. Use whatever gel has the best advertisements and nowadays the best customer reviews. I stand by and swear by h2o. A side by side comparison won one of my kids an "A" on her science fair project.

10. put the clones in an opaque container filled with water. Usually a small flower vase, or something like that. Inspect daily for roots. Once roots appear, plant and remove about half the leaves lengthwise. Some may not take. On a stoned night you may think there was just some product you could have bought that may have made them take.

11. Thanks I I'll do some experiments && try it a couple different ways I'll definitely be trying yurs

12. #12 killset, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    I clone straight into soil, don't even use rooting hormones anymore. If you do, just pick up whatever's cheap. Anything will be fine. I've done all the other methods, straight soil is by far my favorite. I use solo cups, keep the soil moist and put a sandwich baggie over the top.

13. I think I'll try yur way first, then buy the gel if I need it