Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Problem After 4 Years

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ClassicMike, Jan 9, 2013.

1. I just finished smoking an ounce over the course of 8 days and couldn't build a single high. I only feel a bit spaced, but also quite tired and I fall asleep most times. Music and food aren't particularly better, either. The only real changes in thinking I get are the ability to come up with very creative/clever lines of dialogue and film concepts. The other day I took 19 gravity bong hits, most of which taken pretty confidently to the lungs, and had little effects to show for it.

I've smoked for four years and this is coming off an 8 month break so I doubt it's tolerance, I also know it isn't an issue with any one strain. The only causes I can think of are that I've been inhaling wrong for nearly 4 years or that I am a medical anomaly.

[For reference's sake, I'm 6 ft and 165 pounds. I'm also pretty sure I wasn't smoking catnip, but I could be wrong.]

Attached Files:

2. Time to step up to dabs

3. sounds like shwag too me

4. A you a fucking zombie

5. #5 Stormy Sea, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    Is this the problem?

When coming off a t-break, the point is to keep your tolerance LOW. That means take a hit or two, chill, see what happens, take another if you still aren't high and if you are, STOP smoking because smoking more (contrary to popular belief) doesn't get you higher after a certain point, it just causes your receptors to disable themselves. More receptors = better high. More weed = less receptors. Only smoke until you need to, and then STOP. Body is smarter than you are, it knows when it's had enough.

I know, it's the opposite of what we want to do, but studies have shown that overloading your brain with too much THC at one time will cause your receptors to turn off much faster than low levels over time. I can find one that shows the effects of it on mice, but I might have to google around a bit 'cause I read it a few weeks ago... hmm.

Sounds like you're overloading yourself to me. :/ Less THC after a t-break is better, as is smoking only once a day or a few times a week. Too much too fast will have only negative effects.

If that isn't the problem, and you did take time between each hit (19 of them though? hmm) and still didn't get high, well... bummer times man. Guess you're gonna have to start doin' the hard stuff. :p Kidding. Drugs r bad!

Anyways, to further reinforce my point and cause this to be even longer a wall of text, here's my own experience:

I smoked more than a gram or two a day for almost three months. Eventually, I wasn't getting high at all. I did some research, and this is what I came up with. After taking a month and a half long t-break, I started smoking again.

This time, I started taking less hits at a time, not finishing the entire bowl, etc, because.. well, you can only get so high off weed. Moderation is key. After you hit the wall, you aren't going to pass it, and smoking more will only cause heartache and pain (lul). Anyways, since I adopted this new outlook I haven't had any tolerance issues, haven't had to take any t-breaks, and am still consistently getting high.

Your body needs time sober, also. If you're constantly high, your brain gets tired of it. That's why I find that waking and baking causes my tolerance to rise more quickly than waiting until the evening to smoke. (That I have no scientific proof on, but.. works for me.)

Anyways, good luck man.

6. Reasonable enough, hitting a "wall" is kind of how I felt it to be. I took so many hits (over the course of an hour and half) because I hadn't been able to get high the previous days. I've kept intake pretty moderate since then.

Know where I can get some good coke then?
    (Disclaimer: the drink)

7. At first I was laughing cause I thought you were smoking schwag. Then I scroll down and see the dankity. That's a lot of weed to be smoking man. I think you burned out on the first night without even realizing. Probably wore out a lot of connectors or something. Get some Omega 6 and a week T-break at least that's what I would do if I smoked an ounce in a week. :)

8. I agree with the above, but its Omega 3 you want, not Omega 6

9. idk man to me it looks like the bud you have is a sativa dominant, which cause more of an alert high, like the one you describe, instead of the knock you on your ass high which comes from the INDICA dominants. maybe try finding some indica dominant

10. That was pretty much my only remaining theory. It's odd because on paper I always thought I'd prefer sativa but Grape Stomper is the only identifiable sativa strain I've had and obviously my experiences with it were underwhelming...