Probation

Discussion in 'General' started by smoke'n'toke, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Does anyone know the difference between formal and informal probation? What i want to know is if you were arrested for something non drug-related, would you be drug tested? I talked to a friend who said i would be on informal, which means i would just have to check in with probation, not be piss tested. I havent toked in ages, so if anyone knows anything about this, any advice is appreciated. Thanks

-Toke

2. a friend of mine is on probation right now for theft or vandalism or something ..and he gets drug tested.. so i dunno its probably up to the judge..

3. well if it wasnt a drug related then prbly no piss test, and if u havnt smoked in a while then dont worry bout it. but to play it safe dont smoke untill u find out for sure if u take piss tests or not

4. It may depend on where you are at.. Around here if you get arrested and put on probation for any thing, you are drug tested.. It's just a mandatory thing the court system does around these parts..

Again I say it may depend on your location and the rules of that area.

5. Yeah, i was arrested for driving a kid who was shooting marshmallows out of a pvc pipe. I havent smoked for a long ass time, and they didnt find anything in my car drug related, and there were no drugs involved, so i dont know why theyd waste time testing me, but i hope the wont. I live in northern cali,i talked to a friend who said hes been on both kinds of probation, and he says they cant drug test you if your case didnt involve drugs.

-Toke

6. Hey man. Im not sure about the laws in cali cuz I live on the east coast but my brother has been on probation about 20 times in the last 3 years. Around here if its not a drug related charge, they wont waste their time testing you for drugs. If your police department is as lazy as mine you should have nothing to worry about

7. Yeah, they are pretty lazy, and our funds are totally shot. I live really close to humboldt, so everyone here smokes, i bet they just assume nobody's clean.

8. i got busted for an MIC/MIP and i was on what you call "informal probation" i just could not get a ticket for anything durring my alotted time but never had to get a drug test or had to visit with a probation officer or whatever. my friend had the same case and he got busted for marijuana parifanalia, of course thats texas for you.

9. just had to add this.. i got some bomb from humboldt. they have train wreck right now. WOW!! :smoke: