Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Probation questions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by drosmoke34, Feb 18, 2012.

1. I've been in probation in texas for almost 3 months. Haven't been tested since my court date when probation started. Iv heard they usually test a first time offender with no priors the first month and the last month. Let me know if anyone has had a similar experience

2. Well, what does your PO say? Probation for what? it all varies, need more info

3. [quote name='"ItsPotOfGold"']Well, what does your PO say? Probation for what? it all varies, need more info[/quote]

Possession under 2 ounces. I paid $60 for drug testing. He never has mentioned drug testing to me actually.

4. Im on probation and i only got tested when the court made me go to drug classes,after that i havent,its been 5 months since i was lasted testd,and for 2months i have ben blazin

5. [quote name='"ChronicOutlaw"']Im on probation and i only got tested when the court made me go to drug classes,after that i havent,its been 5 months since i was lasted testd,and for 2months i have ben blazin[/quote]

I start my drug class this upcoming Thursday, the day after my probation appointment. Think they'll test me this time?

6. I had to test after every class....to them its no point of you to keep comming if your going to still use....i was clean every time so i only had classes for 2months and my po was happy.

7. [quote name='"ChronicOutlaw"']

I had to test after every class....to them its no point of you to keep comming if your going to still use....i was clean every time so i only had classes for 2months and my po was happy.[/quote]

Is that usual to be tested after every class? My friend did the classes and didn't say anything about being tested after. Do you live in Texas?

8. It sounds like you got it pretty easy, who knows for sure becuz your PO hasnt said anything.
    But I would think you would at lest be tested a couple times, if you test and test positive, they are gonna test you more frequently to make sure your levels go down.

But every case, person, PO, and probation sentence is different. Good luck!

9. [quote name='"ItsPotOfGold"']It sounds like you got it pretty easy, who knows for sure becuz your PO hasnt said anything.
    But I would think you would at lest be tested a couple times, if you test and test positive, they are gonna test you more frequently to make sure your levels go down.

But every case, person, PO, and probation sentence is different. Good luck![/quote]

What do you think would happen if I failed? Its my first offense and the only time I've ever been in trouble, and I finished high school during my prob period so that got me out of doing community service

10. I'm on probation for disorderly conduct. the incident involved drug paraphernalia. the judge said i'd be getting drug tested every month. my probation officer mentioned drug testing first time i met with her. never again since. i might add that i don't have any obligations left. i paid all my fines off already.

11. Don't worry if you fail, becuase its your first test. If your PO thinks your a good person he"ll probably put you on low-risk, with PO visits being less frequent.. and which sounds like you are
    But after that, be careful. As long as your levels drop you'll be ok till your come up clean. But if you come up hot again you could be in some shit. Probation is some scary shit

12. damn 1 year tbreak son!

13. [quote name='"ItsPotOfGold"']Don't worry if you fail, becuase its your first test. If your PO thinks your a good person he"ll probably put you on low-risk, with PO visits being less frequent.. and which sounds like you are
    But after that, be careful. As long as your levels drop you'll be ok till your come up clean. But if you come up hot again you could be in some shit. Probation is some scary shit[/quote]

I failed the one I took at court and they said they'd test me soon after to see if my levels drop, but they never did.

14. Well u best quit smoking crazy! you dont want to see a judge again. They can make you take a test whenever

15. Well I'm careful every time I go to probation. I usually stop smoking around 18 days before each visit just in case. This time I smoked for one day, which is 8 days before my visit. I'm super skinny and tall and I've found that I can smoke for a week, and 7 days later I'm clean. I've passed multiple tests after a week of being clean.

16. Detox Detox Detox

17. This is the truth. Most people don't realize it, but THC metabolites need to build up in your system for you to test dirty. It doesn't take many times to do this, but smoking one small joint one time (if you're piss is clean) will NEVER make you test dirty a full week later.

I'm gonna try to find a great study I once read on this. They had three different people each smoke a small joint and tested their pee every hour till they were clean. One never even popped positive, one was positive for about 24 hours, and the other was positive for nearly 72 hours.

Still, don't play with fire. It's not worth your freedom.

18. In Texas, it is common that your probation officer will ask you to submit to urinalysis testing everytime you check in for the first few months. Then, after they come to believe that you are trustworthy (if ever this happens), they might stop asking for U.A. tests until and if you make them suspicious. Any small violation or rule-breaking is likely to get you asked to provide a U.A.

The good news is that, at least when I worked for the courts in Texas fifteen years ago, the probation departments ususally rely on the most simple urinalysis (not hair follicle or blood metabolytes). If they are still using simple urinalysis, you will be able to beat the test (cause a false negative) for cannabis fairly easily by taking a diuretic (Mydol is a strong diuretic).

If you believe that you might fail a U.S. then drink a bunch of water, get some Mydol, pee a couple of times, then go to a urinalysis testing facility and pay for a private U.A. (used to cost about $30) to see if you have the right metabolism to use diuretics for confusing the cheap urinalysis test. This way you will know what to expect.

BTW: it is probably impossible to defeat a hair follicle test (but those are really expensive so they do not so them much.) Be aware, some probation departments use a series of pee tests to allow the probationer to get in the habbit of smoking pot and thinking they can trick the u.a. then thye will hit you with a hair follicle test.

Probationers who test positive for drugs often go straight to prison whee they get butt raped by big horny black men.

19. Take a T break, if your looking for what can happen if you fail, they can send you back to the judge to be re-sentenced on the original charges, since probation is an ineffective form of rehabilitation.
    Jail is not worth it, then again once inside you can always make a deal with 'big bubba' for some smoke!

20. Some places test a lot. Others test primarily those with drug related cases. If you get an evaluation before probation (usually on felonies) they will generally want to follow the recommendations of that eval. That can be anything from random UA's to custodial treatment. On almost any probation your probation officer has the power to add conditions such as testing or treatment if they feel it is necessary. That's why testing protocols can vary so much. I always advise my clients to treat their probation officer more like a teammate rather than an obstacle. If they feel you are trying to get over on them they can make your life harder. If they feel you are trying to cooperate, they can go easier and maybe even put in a good word for you if you run into trouble. The best thing to do if you can swing it is to comply with all your probation terms and get through the probation with no hiccups. If you can't and you get a violation, you need someone who can understand you and your circumstances. A person who doesn't understand you won't be able to get anybody else to understand either. You definitely want someone in your corner who will have the ability to communicate why you slipped up and then to persuade decision makers that you deserve a break.