Probation Question

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PvtSkittles12, Jan 28, 2014.

1. So I started probation in NJ around August of last year (2013) because of a possession ticket (2 grams). I am supposed to be on it until August of this year (2014). I have passed every one of my tests, completed my community service hours in a month and payed off all of my dues. My probation officer has changed because my older one had gotten a promotion or something, so I got this new lady who is really chill. For the most part, I am on good terms with her (she lets me pick the days I come in). I go in again next week for another meeting, and that would be around the 6 month mark. 

My question is: Would it be out of place to ask her if I could get my probation terminated early on this upcoming meeting, the next meeting (around the 8 month mark), or not even bother at all? Would I have to get an attorney involved to help me out if I did ask?

2. You often need a real reason for early termination of probation. (Military, moving out of the country, etc...)

3. Get a good Lawler sorry spell check annoying . They will know the laws

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Nothing wrong with asking, sometimes you can ask the judge in his office for deals like that.

The judge is who you need to talk to. PO is just a monkey.

5. [quote name="moabfighter" post="19420310" timestamp="1390885576"]You often need a real reason for early termination of probation. (Military, moving out of the country, etc...)[/quote]Would wanting to get a new job be applicable?Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. [quote name="snoopdog6502" post="19420326" timestamp="1390885786"]Nothing wrong with asking, sometimes you can ask the judge in his office for deals like that.The judge is who you need to talk to. PO is just a monkey.[/quote]That is a good idea, but if I get the PO's okay, she will send a form to the judge who will most likely let me off then.Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app