Probation officer wants to do a home visit

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jamesboo, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Ok so today I had a probation meeting (UK & 16 months in) my address has been approved for 16 months, and today she drops ‘I’m coming for a home visit tomorrow’ to which I replied no your not... I’ve got 20 plants 4 weeks into flower .. and she’s got the ump, Ive said my landlord said your not to visit , take it up with him? (Conveniently a family member)

Any ideas

• Like Like x 1
  2. Better tare that grow down. Pretty sure they have the law on their side and can easily get a warrant.

• Like Like x 3
  3. They know everywhere to look that all people try to use to hide. Not like inspectors who don't always want to find things that involve more paperwork.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Can you move them someplace temporarily?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah look...there's unfortunately some stuff in life I think you gotta take seriously, this being one of them, as I imagine it in one way or another pertains to your freedom?
    It sucks, but I'd say that's probably a thing if you're gonna try and grow in a place that isn't your own - even without the added complications, you'll always have to adhere to any terms stipulated on any leases etc, not to mention whatever you signed with your PO/law enforcement body.
    You'd have to either have a back up plan/location/storage, or it has to go. Stay safe.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. I’m keeping it in there, I’m in the UK I just don’t feel I should have my home visited by anyone whom I don’t feel I should, I’m honestly keeping the grow in and they can fuck themselves I doubt they can even get a warrant lol.. and they can recall me until my sentence is up in December lol.. I’m changing my address with immediate effect but that still needs to be approved by probation lol.. it sucks.. just looks dodgy as fuck when I’m like nah.. my landlord said your not to visit and your not coming lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Well I've been here and done that and I will tell you, get a lawyer. Those bastards in a PO department when you have to be involved, have all rights to do what they want. Dont know or dont want to know why you are in that position, it's your business not mine. But once your in there hands they are God to you. They say jump you better jump. I know this. I did 2 years on federal probation and there is no way of stopping them from investigating anything they want. Best for you would be to have a small place setup for living and address them there, like you mentioned. But by saying no you have opened up a can of beans you didn't want open now. Seek legal advice is the only thing I would suggest. That's my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. U goin to jail bro lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. I just had to cut a grow 2 weeks short due to child protection services having to do a home visit, my kids mother is a pain in the ass and once again had the child in a dangerous place. So being in a legal state and having a legal grow I was advised to take it down by a lawyer. These people are as bad as the feds, they dont mess around and dont give chances.

10. Thanks mate that sounds spot on. I’m going to say I’m moving in with my mum and dad lol they can then do my home visits there once that is approved.. the cheek of it though.. probation or not they can fuck themselves surely lol? I decide whom is to visit lol, I think it’s different here in the uk, like they can’t turn up to search it’s just to see your living environment, the ones I had before when the grow wasn’t in was asking if it’s okay to have a nose? I’m sure if I said no they would of honestly respected it lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ya I feel the same, violating my life. But once on paper you have to realize they now own you and everything you do until those papers are signed off.

12. True or I could just finish the last 5 months of a 4 year sentence and I’ll be free either way lol she’s fuming, putting the phone down mid sentence and shit woah dude I best get parcelled up its due tomorrow at 2pm

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Probation: "The release of an offender from detention, subject to a period of good behavior under supervision."

I feel your pain mate, but they hold all the cards. If it were me, I'd chop early and look forward to the end of probation in December. Getting some representation from a lawyer is probably a good idea too, because you're likely to get seriously looked at now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lol you don't have a choice dude you broke the law now deal with the results :confused_2:

It looks suspicious saying you can't visit... They could easily just get paperwork to search :laughing::laughing:

15. Just remember not to drop the soap in prison dude :cop::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Either rip them up or just go to jail and the police will destroy them or they will just die from no water.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Well I’m parcelled up now for my stay lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. They are soft here in the uk.. lol.. had enough of her though with her home visits so she’s being produced an eviction notice oh and along with that can you approve my new address at my mothers and I’ll also need to change my probation (bye)

“Your life is so erratic it changes every 5 mins.. as soon as I said about the home visit suddenly you then want to move it doesn’t make sense, I won’t do the home visit”

Me “it’s not about the home visit, and it is what it is, some things can’t be helped, I’m crime free and there is no police intelligence to say otherwise. I shall drop the eviction notice in tomorrow as I’m with my dad... hangs up

19. #19 killset, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    You just gave your probation officer every reason to be extra thorough when she visits tomorrow. Land lord wont be able to stop it. Better take the grow down and clean everything up. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. #20 killset, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2019
    Good luck with all that. Just because she isn't coming doesn't mean there won't be consequences. Courts could extend or revoke your probation for that

• Agree Agree x 1