Probation & Drug Tests

Discussion in 'General' started by Xieon, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Alright, well I got put on probation for possesion of just under a zip. I got 1 year probation + the diversion program (8 weeks).

I was smart and before my trial I started the diversion program, so I'm almost done, so thats all set.

However I got 1 year probation, and as part of the probation there are random drug tests. I serached on NORML but couldn't find the laws for Massachusetts probation.

I was wondering if anyone as any infomation about these tests, like when they give them to me, can they randomly show up at my house, or are they preset sessions with a PO and one of those sessions I can be randomly tested.

Also the BIG question I have is what do they test for.

Do they test for just the normal 5 (PCP, Heroin, Coke, THC, and that other 1) or do they do extended tests, if so what do they test for? I'm pretty sure they test for alcholol but I'm not sure what else, I'd like to know so I know what I can do.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. ok, I'm pretty sure that what I'm saying won't matter much (I live in michigan) but I can tell you how things are for me. They say they random drug test, but neither me nor any of my friends have been random dt'd yet. My guess is, PO's have so many people on their schedule, they don't even really think to, but I could be wrong, and I'd wait a while and get a feel for how your particular PO is. As for what they test for... if you got busted for pot, they'll probably only test for opiates, coke, THC, PCP, meth, and amphetamines (although I think there's only 5 categories, so maybe two of those should be lumped together... I dunno). I don't really think it's possible to be tested for alcohol, unless your drunk when they test ya.

as for your preset PO meetings (if you have them, which I'm assuming you will) expect to get tested during every one. that's the only reason I have to go to my PO, is for the drug testing... but thats scheduled, not random.

welcome to the joys of being a drug war P.O.W, and stay strong... the time will pass quicker then you think (but not as quickly as you hope :p )

3. Hey,

yea, you will most likely be getting some house visitis. So get rid of all your para. and anything illegal. When they say random it is usually every 2 weeks. but sometimes they like to sneak one up on ya like 5 days after your last one, so watch it if you're planning on trying to toke up while on probation. Good luck with that.

4. Ya its tought. I think its every 2 weeks---thats what I've been told by my friends e.t.c.
    But basically pots half life is 2 weeksn, and as a result theres still detectable amts. of thc in your system until a months gone by.

So if they test you every 2 weeks it makes sense--becuase it takes about a average of 1 month for your body to rid all chemicals of itsself (ie thc)