Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Probation and obtaining a medical marijuana card.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by wunschshrek, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Helo Grasscity.

A few months ago I got into some legal trouble. the outcome is going to be probation because this is my first time getting arrested.

I am most likely going to get 5 years probation.

I currently reside in Flrorida, however before I was busted, I had been planning on moving to California to get my medical marijuana card in order to legally smoke and grow marijuana, instead of having to risk my freedom for something so peaceful.

Now of course, I can not move until all of this court stuff is over, but I pretty month know I am going to get 3-5 years on probation.

My question is that if I do get put on probation, and move to California while on probation, and get everything switched so that my new PO is in California, ETC.

Will I be able to attain a medical marijuana card from a doctor, and be able to legally smoke marijuana while I am on probation? Meaning I could legally have THC in my system and that not be an issue with drug tests?

Or would I have to wait until probation was over and I was off probation, before I could apply to get a medical marijuana card.

My crime is non-violent, my sister was living with me for a short period of time and something she did caused the cops to kick my door in and search the house for her, which caused them to find my small basement grow op and under an oz of marijuana -- so basically I am charged with cultivation of marijuana and posession of marijuana under 20 grams.

Thank you everyone for taking the time out of their day to read this message, and also thank anyone who can offer me any sort of advice about my situation.

Have a good evening ---

Jay

2. I'm not positive about your particular situation, so can't definitively advise you, but here is a link that might help:

ASA : 2. Are you a California medical marijuana patient who is under house arrest, on probation or parole or enrolled in Prop 36 or another diversion program and facing negative consequences due to your patient status?

3. I had a friend who was on probation for a drug offense (grew too much, but had a California rec.) and he was allowed to continue using cannabis medically, but with a few restrictions. It is all up to the PO and Judge.

Best of luck to you!

Move ASAP!

Granny :wave:

4. #4 wunschshrek, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to link this to me, I will read it all tomorrow morning when I am fresh and able to absorb it better.

That is re-assuring news, thank you for sharing with me. This is my first time ever being arrested, so hopefully the California judge takes this into considering.

Yes I plan on moving as soon as this court stuff is over now, I just went today and it was re-scheduled until march 24th, so I do have a little bit of time before this court stuff is over and I am moving.

Besides the legal headaches, bailing me and my sister out of jail took a little under $7,000 dollars from me, they also took all of my computers (I run hundreds of websites, so I had 3 Dekstop Computers and 2 laptops which they took)

I own a 2007 Jaguar S-type as well and I am only 23 years old, so the drug detective was trying to claim I got it from selling drugs and that he was going to take my car if I couldn't prove I never used it to traffic drugs -- can you believe that? I was like, isn't this america? Don't you have to prove that I DID use it to do that, not the other way around?

Anyway he was just trying to get under my skin, he did not take my car.

I think he was just mad I am only 23 years old and already have my car and home paid off, and the owner of several successful businesses -- while he is in his 40's and drives some piece of shit car which he probably doesn't even have paid off, making monthly payments on. /endrant

Thanks everyone once again and have a happy holiday.

5. Will Florida allow you to leave the state much less move to a mmj state? :confused:

6. #6 wunschshrek, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2009
    I am NOT going to be telling them I am going to be moving to a state because of the medical marijuana laws, or anything like that obviously, that won't even come up.

Yes they will let me move to a different state, I know people who have. The problem is more of being accepted by california to move into it while on felony probation, than it is getting permission to leave florida.

Apparently unless you have a job or family in California, they routinely deny people on probation from moving there.

I might end up having to wait the 5 years and be stuck in this shit-hole florida until I am done with probation, if that is the case I will at the least be moving back to NYC.

I have no idea how I am going to go 5 years without marijuana, it is seriously going to be an everyday struggle.

7. Im curious as to how they found out he was growing too much, did they pay him a visit or something? Was he already on probation or did he get probation AFTER getting he was caught growing too much?

8. i agree its all up to the calf P.O. and if YOU can't handle 5 yrs with out getting high check out N.A.

9. i was reading the restrictions/requirements to get a card because i plan on getting mine in the next few days and it said you CANNOT be on probation and get a card. at least at the place i am going to get mine from. might want to look into this before you move across the country:wave: