Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

probably the worst for your lungs...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by The_Change_Guy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. #21 prettychill, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    I probably do mate. I smoke pretty much only joints unless someone brings out a bong or blunt wrap - every joint uses about 1 cigarette, and i smoke like 3 - 4 joints a day, so that's 3 - 4 unfiltered cigarettes. A 10 deck will last me 3 - 4 days max.

... It's amazing the things that people try to pass off as logical. Just because tobacco is addictive doesn't mean you smoke 1 cigarette and are hooked for life. People need to start getting their heads around the concept of self control and more importantly - rational thinking. I'm not here to argue that cigarettes aren't addictive, but at the same time it's not heroin. You can smoke cigarettes occasionally and not be hooked. Plenty of people at my school are weekend smokers - in other words, only smoke on nights out.

;)

2. If you're really that against vape's, which I can't really understand, then might I suggest buying separate filters to put on your joints? Bongs work too, because the water filtrates out quite a lot of substances as well. Not all, as you can see many cig smokers have terrible lungs, but it's at least something. I'm not hating at all, but give vaping another try?

I love bongs, and I sort of get what you mean. Nothing can compare with bongs for me, but for the long run, I'll get a vape.

- Serenity

3. yeah but i dont think you smoke 3 unfiltered a day. let alone taking a quarter-full smoke in a drag, unfiltered.

to everyone else thanks, im definetly trying to quit the tobacco its just such a different high, and you do get high longer, when you burn weed with tobacco it vaporizes the weed at a higher percentage. not sure why but its true.

the tobacco also opens up your lungs more, alowing you to take bigger hits and absorb more thc from those hits.

definetly do want to quit but at the same time wish i just diidn't have to smoke it to get hi[/QUOTE]

You seem to have no idea what your talking about.

4. @prettychill

yeah that thing about getting addicted to one is bs. you can definetly smoke a pack a week and not be "addicted" and quit at anypoint. i was like that for the longest time, smoke a pack, then a couple months later smoke another.

your also right if your smoking that much through joints, i think bongs are probably better for you cuz they pull through alot of the tar, and it builds up in the stem/ downtube instead.

@ true serenity

yeah its hard to believe im against them, especially because i often with i didnt have to smoke the stuff, but its just not the full xp to me :) ill definetly hit them when im with friends if theyre toking up but wont probably be down to spend 100 + to get one.

first day without a morning wiss in a month... off to work baked on straight greens. lol

5. Time to get a vape man

6. #27 Hali Hostility, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    NO that whole tobacco+weed thing is bull it doesnt get you higher you just have two effects at once. If your concerned for your health just stop smoking tobacco. [ESPECIALLY OUT OF A BONG!] and just vape, or simpll only smoke green just fewer amounts.. I know people say tobaccos hard to quit but i call bull on that.. i actually call bull on ALL "addictions" if you really wanna stop something, you just stop. If you want to do it deep inside then thats it. when i was 13-14 1/2 i was "addicted" to X 10 quads a week on any given day [usually about 3 or 4 days a week] and whenever i rolled i constantly was chain smoking menthols, I NEVER felt addicted to the ciggarettes. after a while i didnt even party when i rolled. i was just sitting in my room [allot of the times by myself] just rolling balls. i went from 160 lbs to 108. Thats when my 2 older friends realized it was a problem. They told me what was up and i just quit. It was fucking HELL. But i did it because deep down i knew i really didnt want to anymore.

so basically if your really concerned with your health its most likely because of the tobacco which your probably "addicted" to because you said your buying packs now.
    So make sure you really want to and it should be no problem. In a few months your lungs should feel better even IF you continue smoking pot. [which you def. should!]

GOODLUCKK<3

7. lololol nicotine constricts your blood vessels so its for sure not opening up your lungs more. you're just getting high off the nicotine, it's not makeing your lungs absorb more THC that's absurd.