Probably Ph... Not Sure... Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NLCannabis, Apr 29, 2014.

1. First indoor grow.
    Crazy awesome seeds from Nepal mountains.
    Day 15 today.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, aerated tap water ever 3-4 days, checking ph finally tonight, 2 25w 6500k, 2 26w 2700k, 1 55w 2700k, and a 10" pot that's 8 " across.

Lumens = roughly 7500ish....Well... Human lumens haha.

I don't know why leaves are bowing like this! They have always had a little" bow"to them. The very very tip of a few leaves curves slightly more but only like 2mm.

I am almost positive that I overwatered the first time a bit and that caused the bowing at first, then it dried out almost almost all the way but still had some weight when I watered 2 days ago.

Idk. Give me some ideas lol. PH of my water is 6.4 to 6.8 btw. Consistently. But my pal has an electrode and I don't! Too pricey!

Last... The old leaves have been that way forever, the color looks off because of lighting, I hope I'm getting good drainage lol, and is it possible that the lights are just too close? I didn't that so.

It's like 2-3 inches away. 4"max.

Reign

Everything seen here is taken from sources online and in No WAY is this real at all. These posts are purely for entertainment value only and hold NO truth.

Attached Files:

What?

3. ya really ... what?

4. Disclaimer. Lol.

Better than Swim!

But....

Yea.

Do you not understand the problem/questions?

Just ignore the last part and pretend it's not there lol.

Everything seen here is taken from sources online and in No WAY is this real at all. These posts are purely for entertainment value only and hold NO truth.

5. What is the temp at the top of the plant?
    Also what humidity are you keeping them at?

6. Id say you could rule out light burn, it doesnt look like it and its in a weird place unless you had a y splitter and that big leave was pressing against one side.
    Your ph is acceptable they say that soil runs hot maybe it should have been flushed I really dont know, what if any nutes have you given it?

7. Mine is about a week a head of yours and the leaves did the same thing. Seems to still be growing great still, hasn't effected it any. Started lst, 2 days ago

8. It could be temps maybe, but I'm not sure. Don't let those babies die! :smoke:

9. 70-77 degrees

40-50 humidity.

No nutes yet.

But!!!

Now there are yellow/rust colored spots (not perfect little dots either lok) I don't know what it is... Between veins and looks like as if I put something ON the leaf like paint sort of lol. Could this be from misting? Like beads of water sitting on leaves... Especially if it already had too much water a bit.

10. Everything seen here is taken from sources online and in No WAY is this real at all. These posts are purely for entertainment value only and hold NO truth.

Attached Files:

11. Try feeding them a small dose of nutrients with your next watering. Being such old seeds, it's possible they are running out of what they need.

12. Okay. Seems kind of broad and potentially dangerous but thanks.

And the soil holds nutes... So how would a seed run out of nutes? Lol.

13. Maybe your soil has too much nutrients then? IDK what's in your soil. Maybe too much of something, not enough of another. Mainly your plant needs nitrogen in the early stages.

As for a seed running out of nutrients, seeds have stored nutrients to kick off sprouting, and keep them going for a bit, but with really old seeds, the strength of stored nutrients may have diminished compared to when they were not so old.

14. Did not know that my friend!

Anyways.

Fox Farm Ocean Forest and a very small amount of regular cheap potting soil from initial transplant.

15. I am 100% convinced it is a pH issue.

Only got to test water once on the first watering and now here we are.

So.

Only watered twice thus far... Hoping it isn't this hot soil! A pal said the pH is probably really acidic due to not balancing in Ocean Forest.

16. When I used ocean forest it would test fine in the beginning (6.6) and drift towards acidic as time went on. I countered that by adding 1.5 cups powdered dolomite lime per bag and my ph stayed perfect all the way through to harvest.

What I'd do at this point is add 2 tablespoons per gal of soil to the top layer and scratch it in, and add another inch of soil on top of that to keep the limed layer from drying out and not working. Cheap stuff, $4 for a large bag at home depot.

I think your plant will pull through just fine. I had a lot of issues with OF during early phases of growth but they always did fine after a certain point. I think their soil is a bit strong, which for some reason I don't trust... never have issues like this in my homemade mix no matter how strong I make it, seedlings and all. It just seems odd that a fully organic soil (ffof) would burn a small plant, then run out of nutrients 3 weeks later.

17. Going to my hydroponics store tomorrow to get some cal-mag (just in case) and all my ph supplies.

It's a light burn though.

I sprayed water that WASNT TESTED on the leaves (not all) and being close to the light has since created a few places that have burned slightly.

Still on top of the ph... Just not losing my mind anymore over it lol.

Thanks!

18. Another example.

I don't doubt that there are nute problems due to pH fluctuation or just being too far one way... But these places are burns. For sure. 100%.

Tried for better picture. Lol.

Attached Files:

19. Finally.

pH of my water was 8.0!

Crazy. Could be higher I guess.

But. I finally fixed pH and water is 6.5 with a 1/2 tsp per gallon of Earth Juice Rooters Mychorrizae - get that in there finally!

But. I switched from 24/0 to 20/4 because I want a dark period haha. Just seems better. And the plant stood up nice and looks fantastic now that I moved lights up 2"! Crazy.

But. Just wanted to post this.... Any advice on beneficial bacteria would be awesome lol. Especially Earth Juice Rooters Mychorrizae.... The granules not liquid.... And I am using earth juice products and General Hydroponics products when it comes to nutes.... Nothing from Fox Farm lol. I don't want to pay an extra 12 dollars to pay the graphic designer hahaha.

Later.

Reign
    NLC

20. Beneficial bacteria is great. I use Advanced Nutrients Voodoo juice. My roots are nice and healthy (just transplanted 3 days ago).