Probably A Stupid Question...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Crow97, Jul 13, 2014.

1. I'm not a newbie to smoking, however, I am pretty dumb when it comes to a lot of things about weed and tools. I can make a bong out of a coke or water bottle, but I can't figure out how to use a pipe. I'm REALLY dumb...LOL I usually just smoke your old fashioned joint, although I can't roll one to save my life, so my friend's fiance always rolls them for me.

I've been wanting to try a vape, but not sure where to begin. What kind of vape is good? Can I smoke the actual weed in it or does it need to be in wax or oil form, or some other form? Will you still get the same kind of high from it?

Please don't make fun of me, I've always just ever been around the old fashioned smokers with joints and roach clips...lmao!! I want to learn the new stuff  :bongin:  Thanks!

2. apple pipe fuck plastic!

[​IMG]

3. Oh yeah I've heard about/read about those. I need something a little easier and more permanent though. 

4. pipe isn't much different than a joint, really. Just the carb on it.

hold your hand over the carb hole until you're ready to clear all the smoke you're pulling.

5. ...really?

Question: have you ever had to smoke a joint that had a hole in the side, but wouldn't pull properly unless you kept the hole covered?

That's almost exactly how a pipe with a carb works... but the pipe has even less resistance. With a bong, the "pre-pull" requirement is even larger, but it's the same principle.

I prefer small carbed glass pieces.

With a J, you can pretty much just straight hit. With a carbed pipe, it's like a two-stage pull/hit. With a bong, it's like a pipe with a 3 stage prime/pull/hit. There are other variations (i used to have a crazy acrylic multi-chamber bong... far more hassle than it was worth, honestly). I prefer clean and simple. I also don't really like the idea of blowing a wad of cash on an elaborate glass piece, because glass can break pretty easily if you or anyone else happens to drop it (people get high and knock shit over, it happens... sometimes even when they're not high!).

6. It depends on the vaporizer. Some of them only vape bud. Some only vape oil. Some can do both.

As for a glass pipe, what you do is, first, hold the bowl in a way that is comfortable for your thumb to cover the carb (hole on side of bowl) then as you hold the lighter to the bud, slowly inhale, just so it ignites. Then when you think there's enough smoke gathered up, lift your thumb off the carb hole and inhale as you would take a deep breath. It is optional to hold the hit for a few seconds. Then exhale normally.

Good luck

7. [SUB]Wowww mannn radical. Pipes are easy. The first time i used somebody else's i put it to far in my mouth and they made fun of me. Basically cover the carb the hold on the side. Light the bowl and pull(inhale). Some people before they finish a hit they move their finger off the carb a few times to get a few clean hits. But not everyone does that. I don't even use pipes anymore, i have a nice bubbler that's small enough to carry around just need water. Vape's can be difficult, but they are quite expensive do some research cause some are not that accurate and will burn it, completely ruining the point of using a vape. Make sure it is compadible with dry herb though people have made that mistake before.[/SUB]

8. The pipe I had was all metal and was given to me by a friend. It didn't have a carb hole. I checked....everywhere. So I figured they didn't all need them. After about 3 or 4 tries I got pissed, threw the pipe away and made a bong out of a water bottle.

9. So anyway, which vape that uses bud is the best? I don't even know how to buy oil or wax.

10. The all time beat vaporizer is the Volcano Vaporizer which is $500 and I'm low balling. The one in my local head shop is $680. But it's definitely the best, not super portable, but it's the best. I've used on once. They're great haha. For a more portable option, PAX is a good brand and works well. I own one, my friend works at a head shop and got it for $80 so he let me buy it off him.

Other than that, I haven't tried any others, but I've heard pretty good reviews for the G Pen. And if you want something you can use in public, go with the Puffit. It looks like an inhaler, not sure how good it is though.

Here's a link with some other portable vaporizers!

http://www.portablevaporizerpro.com

11. Oh the temptation is insurmountable!  But I shall digress. You put the weed in the bowl. You put your finger over the carb. You put your mouth to the mouthpiece. You light the weed in the bowl and inhale. Release finger to get all the smoke. Good luck.

12. Be careful when purchasing cannabis products. You may get ripped.

13. If you can't figure out a pipe, You'll never figure out a vape. 

14. How to use a pipe..

Hold choke/carb,

Light your bud and inhale

Release choke/carb when you have as much smoke as you want

Clear the pipe chamber completely

Exhale

Get high :bongin:

~ iPhone ~ @Mention ~

15. Thanks everyone. I swear I'm not stupid. I just am old school with the joints...LOL

The pipe I had and threw away, had no carb, I swear. I knew to look for one, but there wasn't one. 

16. If the pipe doesnt have a carb then just light it and breathe in.
    To get wax and oil i would go and check your local dispensary. I have only been to 2 that didn't carry concentrates.
    A volcano vaporizer would be the best option and they are decently simple. It can do oil, wax and herb.

17. #17 CherCherried, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    If you're looking for a vape and it's your first, I recommend the MFLB hands down ^_^
    It's not as expensive as other vapes out there so it's a good "first vape" for many. Only vapes herbs. Not to mention, amazing quality.
    Reason why I'm boosting the MFLB is because it's so portable and it's so stealthy that I can vape 15 seconds before someone comes in and they won't even smell it lol. (Ofc I was extra careful and didn't exhale any vapor). Other more expensive vapes do more for you but none of them exceed the stealth level of the MFLB.

Also if you ever think about buying a pipe you should make sure you're getting a good quality one and don't invest only like 10 bucks on it. 

I did that, and it was such a piece of crap, that nothing worked. Oh well. 

No worries, I would definitely do that. The one I was complaining about was given to me as a gift 2 years ago. 

19. you're right....

20. Yes you are still a noobie if you can't smoke a pipe

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app