Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Probably a Dumb Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by W33DisINmyHEAD, Jul 27, 2009.

1. but imma ask it anyways!!!

i was reading up on "ditch weed" and wanted to know how to tell if its potent or not?

so if i came across something that looked like weed, smelt like weed, and grew like weed how would i know if its good to smoke or not?

just like the saying goes if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and walks like a duck its probably a duck so whats different about ditch weed?

2. #2 jesus9112, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
    Uh Im not sure exacltly im thinking ditch weed is hemp that just grows wild in the west-heard it from some1 on the forum,. But I dunno thats my best guess :D

3. roll it up, smoke it, and see if you get high. you will then know if its potent or not.

4. Ditch weed is just shitty weed. If it's somebody else's crop, I'd advise you not to take it. Just because I don't want any of my grows taken if somebody finds it.

5. its called ditch weed for a reason, ditch it.

6. i dont really advise rolling up and smoking various plants you find
    but if you say its weed then mite as well try the bud

7. yeah I'm sure you can smoke about all those plants out there.. whether it be weed, tomato leaves, apples, etc...
    I dont really know what you're asking?
    If its brown and the dealer calls that shit weed then dont buy it.

8. thanx for all the help guys!

let me clear things up a bit... when i say ditch weed i mean the weed you find just growing out in nature. i.e. an actual ditch, forests, fields and so on and so forth.

Retaardvark: i know what you mean and thats good advice i def won't take any unless i know that its not anyones grow.

but if i did take some and i dried and cured it would it be a good idea to smoke it?

9. Weed just doesn't natural around here, thats someones crop, so dont go digging up peoples shit and smoking it. Might find yourself in a bit of trouble, if they find out its you.

10. Well maybe not where you live but in many areas in the midwest US, cannabis could and does grow naturally.

11. well i live in Co so would there be a chance of finding it?

so in other words i've never found it but IF i was to find it....

12. Don't smoke ditch weed, it is not nearly potent enough to be worth your time. Even after you found it and dug it up you would still have to flush it, cure, etc. before you could ever smoke it.

Also marijuana does grow naturally in some parts of the United States and in many other countries (Afghanistan for instance) hence the term "weed" because in all actuality that's what it is, a fast reproducing and multiplying weed.

James

13. another dumb question....

TheBohemian you said flush it so how exactly would you go about doing this?

14. I'm far from the most knowledgeable person on this subject; if I were you I would visit the growing forums below.

Nonetheless, flushing generally entails giving the plant excess water for a short period of time right before you harvest (pull it out of the ground). Most often this is done to eliminate fertilizers used in grow-ops. However being that you are talking about a plant growing in who knows where and you have know idea what is in the ground I would also flush it for concerns of harmful chemicals.

Hope this helps.

James

15. thank you bohemian that helps a lot!!

16. No problem

James