Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Probable cause?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by VintageCarma, Oct 5, 2014.

1. I know obviously a grinder or a bong would give and officer probable cause but would a cup ash tray be one? I keep roaches in mine from when I'm done. And is there anything else that's commonly overlooked as being a probable cause? I toke in my car all the time but no smell. Sorry for writing so much haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

A cup ash tray would not, as long as you smoke cigarettes also. If you don't smoke cigs and have an ash tray cup, that  looks pretty sketch.

Just don't leave things like roaches or pipes out, make sure there's no little bits of shake laying around, stems or seeds also. 

3. #3 sektr, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2014
    A cup ashtray alone isn't, but the fact that you have roaches in it danking up your car is.

If a cop gets even a whiff of weed, fresh OR smoked, that's probable cause.

Just empty the tray whenever you get out.

4. Sight and or smell gives an officer probable cause. Most are unaware but if any contraband is found within a reasonable distance of your vehicle you may be subject to search. Bottom line is you can never be too careful.