Pro-Weed Ads

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Kimdracula, Aug 11, 2009.

1. WTf how come I don't see this?

How come we can't have above the influence ads only the opposite and they explain facts of mj and say we should legalize it and every ad would explain something diff about mj (history, benefits, etc)

discuss this my fellow brosamas

2. Norml have run one (only one?), but in case you didn't realise, TV ads cost a shitload.

3. Yea Norml had a pro-weed ad contest a while back. There is also one that i saw in a news video not sponsored by norml.

4. One ran in CA for a while.

5. i wonder if there are vids by norml on youtube?

6. Here is NORML's commercial, i couldnt find MPP's..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0mEDE_w1xo"]YouTube - Legalization: Yes We Can[/ame]

7. ^thats the one! cept that lady at the end fucked it up by luaghing. I dont see whats funny, especially that guy with aids or watever.

8. #8 TwoLOUD, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    HA! 1990's Marijuana PSA

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyscMwFj6BI]YouTube - 1990's Marijuana PSA[/ame]

:smoke:

9. Never really thought about that. I guess people don't want their asses chewed out, and it would be pretty pricey. No one will take you serious if you had a shitty low budget commercial.

10. Because the FCC would never allow them on TV. Anything promoting breaking the law as assinine as it is can't be shown on TV.

Like some people are pro-prositittion, pro-meth, pro-racism whatever- they are all illegal and MJ is lumped right in with the rest of them. If they let the us PRO-MJ people do a commercial they'd have to let the Pro-racism people do their ad. Thanks to how judges have twisted the constitution it's a one law fits all world.

11. ......

12. I've always kind of wanted to print out some NORML information or make my own pro- marijuana flyers and distribute them around town (put some on cars maybe) but I just have yet to do it, cause i'm not sure how well it will go over first of all haha, and then motivating a group of people to actually go out and distribute them... have any of you done this?

13. Honestly, you've inspired me to do that. Lol, seriously I am going to print stuff out like that and hang them everywhere. Make it look legit tho.

14. All you need is a good idea of how to use photoshop, a nice printer, and some money to spend on paper and ink. A word to the wise, nowhere on it use any slang (IE: pot, weed, bud, ganja, etc) stick to cannabis. Also, putting any kind of weed insignia on it is a bad idea, make it grab their attention, but dont instantly make them think weed.

we should run a campaign on grasscity to donate money to start our own commercial. And have part of it run some of the more intellectual conversations we have about medical pot, pot in the economy, and true stories of how legal mmj helped people.

15. #15 sunshine23, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2009

I completely agree.

I'm VERY handy with photoshop... I've made flyers before, and like I said I've always wanted to make some pro-marijuana flyers... I just gotta motivate myself and others. (a lot of my friends like to be low-key about expressing their use and love of mj lol) I agree about not using any slang, definitely catch their attention with the colors and text. I work at a photography studio so printing stuff would be pretty easy :)

I think the campaign idea about having a commercial wouldbe fantastic! Something comes to mind.... that one commercial showing people of various ethnicities saying "I am an American" something like that would be great but more along the lines of cannabis obviously... if we had a commercial I think it should clearly show that the marijuana smoking population of the world does not fit under the false stigma of being "couch potato stoners." I think it should show that we are all different, unique, driven, intelligent, in our own ways and we are brought together by the love for our natural, healing medicine of the earth :) I dunno, just throwin that idea out there... haha.

16. The Government pays for these ads.

Also, the government uses your tax dollars to pay the shitload of money it costs to run an anti-marijuana ad.

In short, you, as a Cannabis consumer, are paying the government to hate on your favorite plant. Does that sound right to you?

17. I'm glad that someone finally agrees with one of my insane ideas! Now I just need to get someone to believe in bobbing for habaneros (pm me if your interested). I think that with the ammount of support we get, and with the number of members we have. If all 174,400 of us gave $5, that would ammount to $872,000. in my opinion, for that ammount of cash, we could do a pretty good commercial. just:
    1. dont show someone smoking
    2. dont use slang.
    3. have accredited people speak on behalf of marijuana.
    4. Pos a good argument.
    5. show the truth about cannabis with actual factual information and studies with real references

if we did that, I dont see how it wouldnt change the minds of some people. We could even contact the law enforcement group thats against prohibition, as well as NORML, and a few other pro cannabis groups. Only united will we suceed.

18. how bout this?

[​IMG]

:D

19. Foot to the crotch... very good campaign picture. Its vulgar, painful, innapropriate, and unnesesarily violent..... I LIKE IT!

20. LOVE IT!!
    Couldn't help but notice the countdown in your sig. I did 9 months in Broward Co. (The old vaca>proba>violate-a) The count only makes it take longer. One question (sorry if its too personal) why didnt you take the time? Its often less that the probate length, and you're scottfree when you're out. Id rather sit than have some govt lackey looking over my shoulder trying to send me up for years.