Pro mix hp Question! should i amend it ? plz help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jazzysnak420, Jun 7, 2019.

1. hey all, i am currently at the beginning of my first grow and have 3 fem white widow babies in organic potting soil under a 300w led in my tent , i originally planned to use some fox farm soil and few amendments , but the person at the hydro store said if i was not stuck on fox farm they would go with pro mix hp with mycorrhizae, as i was planning on using liquid nutrients, (emerald harvest) . what are your thoughts on this ? did he lead me astray ? if not, what amendments would you guys recommend adding into the Pro Mix if any ??? thanks :)

2. I use the proMix hp w/myc, to be honest u don't need to add anything. If you are transplanting, then add some rooting powder and that’s fine. Once you pot, for a few weeks you’ll be fine, but after, start adding your nutrients.

Also i would recommend that you add perlite to your soil because the soil it self doesn’t have enough perlite to provide good aeration for your roots.

-

3. thank you so much for the reply man! i appreciate your time @WeedGrowsOnTrees , I just transplanted from my peat cups into 2 gallon pots.. i hope i did not go too big on the first transplant. but nice big healthy roots were starting to poke through the bottom of the pots.. i figured the less transplants the better, i plan to go from the 2 gallon to 7 gallon when ready, what do you think. i picked up two 10 litre bags of perlite today and added in approximately 20 percent perlite to the pro mix when i transplanted, cause the mix already has 10 or so from what i hear,, i did water with a weak dose of my emerald harvest grow, bloom, micro upon transplanting i hope that was not a bad idea, and i am not rushing the nutes, they seem very healthy though.. and the bottle has a recommended dose for seedlings ! thoughts? again i appreciate your input very much!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aha glad I could help. You are doing great! No need to worry about your pot size. Just water near the stem, a diameter just bigger than your initial pea pot. Increase the area you water slowly after your second or third watering. Back off the nutes for a while. Also you shouldn’t be using your ‘bloom’ nutrient till flower stage. The bloom nutrient should be high in phosphorus and potassium (N-P-K), and should only be used in the flowering stage for bigger buds, and - well - bigger blooms.

-

5. haha thanks man ! heres the girls.. i made the mistake of watering most of the medium already i guess haha, oh well it was a light watering and should dry soon, i will water closer to the root zone only next time. and really ? i guess i must have misread the labels on them, i could have sworn it recommends using all 3 the whole time just in different amounts. let me look into this again haha..

Attached Files:

6. I just checked emerald harvest’s website for the feeding chart, and you are right. Never seen bloom be recommended for veg stage lol. Your girls are really small still so like I said before, back off the nutes for a week or two because you really wouldn’t want to burn the plants.

Good luck with your gals!

7. haha yeah it threw me off at first too. okay i will not feed any more for a week atleast! and see how they adjust to their new home! thanks for the advice !