Pro-Grow 180 LED, 4 strains, 5 plants. Stealth Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by pcn3rd, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Heres my latest grow from seed. I have 4 different strains but 5 plants. These are NOT feminized. Im using my stealth grow dresser w/carbon filter and Pro-Grow 180.

Im growing in 7" pots that were modified into airpots. They will remain here until sexed and then females will be transplanted to 2 gallon homemmade airpots. Im hoping for 3 females but 2 will be fine.

Strains
    1 x Alphakronik - Alphadawg (03/09/2012
    1 x Strawberry Bubba (03/11/2012)
    1 x Chocolate Banana Kush( 03/15/2012)
    2 x East Coast Sour Diesel (03/14/2012)
    Dates listed are when they were planted

Nutrients/Enhancers
    Foxfarm Trio
    SuperThrive

Soil
    Foxfarm Ocean Forest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I should mention im coming from RIU and this is my 4th grow. RIU just lost months of data including my new grow thread and the last 10 pages of my last harvest thread..

3. Just a picture update. All are doing very well. So far they are responding very well to the led light.. Alphadawg is looking excellent..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Just a quick update with pictures. Alphadawg exploded over the past couple days. East Coast Sour Diesels are doing great. Chocolate Banana Kush is still curved but slowly getting stronger. The Strawberry bubba is a major runt right now. As you will see from the pictures, something was wrong with the first sets of leaves. New leaves look just fine and i'm hoping it'll start getting a little bigger soon..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. A quick pic update. They are all doing great. Lots of growth ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Looking nice. Keep us updated; i'm wondering how this light will perform. How much do you expect this grow to yield?

7. AlphaDawg has exploded with growth. It's already bigger than the pot it's in with no signs of it possibly being root bound. I think that means the homemade airpots are working [​IMG] I cut the tops on AlphaDawg and the larger Sour Diesel. I wanted to veg longer but I can't as some things came up. Anyhow, i'm waiting for 3 nodes before topping the other 3. I'm cutting only 50% of the top just to slow vertical growth and encourage side branching for more buds [​IMG]

Chocolate Banana Kush and Strawberry bubba are finally coming along.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Thanks for dropping by. As for yield, Im hoping 1.5 ounces each at least but who knows. I'm really hoping for 3 females and they will be going into bigger pots just as soon as they sex.

9. I'm sure if you scrog/LST + watch your PH/nute levels you can accomplish this feat. I intend on purchasing an LED in the future. From what i've seen Pro-Grow LEDs seem to be good as far as affordability, wattage output (try to match HPS), and 3-yr. warranty. Is your 180 noisy at all?

10. its been great so far ;) this alphadawg is HUGE! well huge compared to my other grows in the same size pot. only difference is these were modified to be airpots and the light ;)

The PG180 is loud! luckily when i close the door to my grow dresser the sound is reduced to nothing. but opening the door you can hear the loud hum of the pg180's fans. ;(

11. not so much a hum.. more of a high pitched whine...

12. Regardless of the noise, i'll still get one; its the best light for the $. I'm really interested to see how good the flowering spectrum works. How far do you keep the lights from your plants? How are your temps?

13. Yeup! For me the noise isn't an issue but it is for others. I keep the light about 12" from the tops. Temps are good. I have 42watt cfl in the box for heat and I stay anywhere from 74f to 78f which is about 2 degrees cooler than room temp at any given time.

14. Quick Pic Update... All of them are doing great! Getting much bigger. Switched to 12/12 on April 2, 2012. I ran just red spectrum for the past couple days but decided to adjust light height and hit em with full spectrum. No signs of any kind of deficiency's so far ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Looking good. Are you going to transplant to bigger pots? That AlphaDawg is going to be a beast; what are the genetics?

16. Once they show sex, I will get rid of the males and transplant the females into 2 gallon homemade airpots..

Alphadawg is by alphakronik and is Chemdawg D x Snowdawg BX.. ;)

17. looking to do something similar to this whats your grow box dimensions and how are you venting your box in line fan with an atached carbon filter im tryin to keep wattage, sound and smell at a minimum (apartment grow)

18. #18 pcn3rd, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
    My growbox is 4FT Tall by 2.5FT wide by about 15" in depth. I have about 3FT of headroom with light at its highest point.

[​IMG]

Stealth is the key with mine. It's dead quiet and completely light proof. Here's what it looks like from the front.
    [​IMG]

The ventilation is fairly simple, I have a 4" 115CFM In-line Fan and a 6.5LB Carbon Filter. In the picture below, you can see the fan at the top of the box with the ducting curling out through a sealed hole in the door of my grow box and out into my Carbon Filter. Blowing through a carbon filter is not as effective as sucking through it but I have limited space in my box and this was the only way it would work.

The plants smell a little already when opening the box but no smell as of yet in the room so the carbon filter is doing its job. The filter is really overkill for my box as is the fan so it should keep my grow completely smell free even tho I'm blowing through it. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. #19 pcn3rd, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2012
    Alphadawg is 100% FEMALE! the preflower hairs are very small but unmistakable.. I'm so glad alphadawg was a female cause she's growing so vigourously.. tons of branching that are coming up so hopefully ill hit that 1.5 oz mark on her ;)

20. Quick Pic Update.. Growth is still going strong. No signs of sex on the other 4 just yet. They have been under 12/12 for 6 days.

[​IMG]