Princess Mononoke

Discussion in 'Movies' started by brodog, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Has anyone else watched this baked? It's incredible in my opinion. It's an anime that is a parable about our relationship with nature.

It's about a prince who is cursed and left with a fatal wound by a demon he fought to save his village. They learn that the demon was a god who was corrupted by a piece of iron, and he follows its trail to find a mining town far in the west. They are destroying the sacred forests around them. It is obviously a commentary on how we are treating nature for our own selfish purposes and it is extremely thought provoking.

This is a good quality version
    Princess Mononoke - Watch Princess Mononoke Online

2. My favorite Studio Ghibli movie :)

My neighbor Totoro is also very groovy, I think I like them all really :smoke:

3. I saw it days ago but it is one of my favorites . Miyazaki is a master. Spirited away is also amazing. I have yet to watch these stoned though I think I might do that now

4. All Miyazaki movies are wonderful stoned! :)
    Spirited Away is my all time favorite and quite the treat to watch.

5. Trick to fully enjoying these movies, watch them in english sober, then watch them in japanese, with subtitles stoned...... The english translation for whatever reason, is never as good as the CC translation..... lol

Also, this works extremely well with Advent Children hahahaha

6. All those mentioned are very good films :)

'Laputa/Castle in the Sky', is another, 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind'... 'Howls Moving Castle' (on a castle-kick :p )... I love 'em. :D

7. Completely agree... sometime I wonder, do they 'dumb' it down more for the audience, or for the voice actors :p :D j/k

8. Going to depart from this thread now... Sorry for peeking in.