Prince of Pot to be extradited

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Thomas437, May 10, 2010.

1. I still don't understand how Canada HASN'T legalized it yet.

Kind of sad how the world's eyes are on California when it comes to this when Canada has a lot more people for legalization and more likely to do it nationwide rather than state wide.

2. He's a cool dude. Thats some bullshit. The man was selling seeds! How is that even a crime? People buy seeds through the mail here all the time.

3. #23 LoveOfTheNug, May 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
    This is the first time I have heard this. WTF are you against legalization in California? California is only the first step. Other states will follow in our footsteps. Are you against weed being legal in Florida where you live? It sounds like you would prefer Canada. Nothing against Canada, I love it up there. Weed is about half the price in Canada right now as it is compared to the US. They have marijuana approved for science unlike the united states which allows for huge commercial grow operations.

4. Yes, there have been worse things to happen because of the drug war. Like parents losing their children, because evidently having a little bit of marijuana in the house is endangering a child. Or having a SWAT team or DEA raid your house and shoot your pets. Or people that use marijuana for serious medical conditions and get arrested and die in jail because the cops can't accommodate them properly.

Emery used selling seeds to fund his activism efforts. I think he knew he was going to be arrested. And I don't think the U.S. went after him just because he sold seeds. They went after him to shut him up. The chief of the DEA said, "Today's DEA arrest of Marc Scott Emery, publisher of Cannabis Culture Magazine, and the founder of a marijuana legalization group, is a significant blow not only to the marijuana trafficking trade in the U.S. and Canada, but also to the marijuana legalization movement."

It's sad that a country that supposedly has freedom of speech would go after somebody in another country because of his speech. The U.S. wants to send him to prison for something that is only a small fine in his own country, but they mainly want him in prison to shut him up. Whether you love him or hate him, you have to admit that he won't shut up. He is asking people to write to their leaders about this issue not necessarily to get him out of prison, but to show how absurd prohibition has gotten.

I don't see him as a marijuana messiah. I see him as a nice tax paying business man. If marijuana was legal, men and women like this would be making money off the plant instead of gangsters, Mexican drug cartels, and the Taliban.

5. I see this as helping the movement towards legalization. I have been keeping a lot of pot-ignorant friends at work and elsewhere and it really helps them see reason. Even though most don't start smoking because of what I share with them, the great majority end up as supporters of legalization and regulation -- which is really saying something in the religiously dominated community that I live and work in.

6. Fear mongering america, when will we stop putting our damn noses where they don't belong, and who gave us the right to say that this man belongs in prison...for selling fucking seeds?? Aren't there more dangerous people out there who, oh I don't know, might have killed a few people instead of selling SEEDS. It's fucking retarded is what it is.

7. America is Nazi Germany and Canada is Poland.

Big deal, big surprise.

8. I understand. Its not about the pot, its about how Canada just bent over and agreed to extradite him to US. I hate my government.

The more I understand about US Politics, the more I am reminded of my time in kindergarten and pre-school.
    -Theory5

9. For real, what the hell was it to the US. It's stupid. We should have kept our nose out of it, would have saved us big time trying to extradite him.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKDxgsaGg6Y]YouTube - STATUS OF JAILED MARIJUANA ACTIVIST (MARC EMERY)[/ame]

11. I think this is definitely yet another case of the US bullying whoever the hell they want regardless of who it is or what its for. This nation is the master of persecuting people while holding a double standard for themselves. It is a fact that every year firearm companies in America ship firearms and parts of firearms that can be assembled into a weapon that are illegal in Canada across the border. So why is it that the us can bring Marc Emery the proprietor of a SEED business here for prosecution yet we don't hear about the heads of Winchester coming to Canada to be charged with illegal activities?

12. I find it even worse that Canada is allowing him to be extradited.

13. He was a pioneer. And like they say about the Pioneer's, they're usually the ones dead with all the arrows in their backs. It sucks being the 1st to step up, but somebody has to do it.

Stay strong Marc

14. Lmfao you must know nothing of politics

15. He threatens some people's jobs/ positions/ profits all related to the prohibition of cannabis. They would like nothing better than for him to get life in prison.

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcynlMpxvI8]YouTube - Free Marc Emery Protest[/ame]
    badfuckingass

17. You are so wrong. Our voices mean, "dick" if we choose not to use them. If all of the past voices had remained silent, there would be 0 states without MMJ !..and the Govt COULD AND WOULD do something to stop you.

..and why is Cannabis not legal ? Research, my friend ! Youll figure it out.

18. Omfg I gotta +Rep you for sharing that vid! I've seen almost all TheWeedGuy's vids so I'm surprised I haven't seen this one yet.

I was fucking dying of laughter when I see all the people locked inside this small office then you just see all these potheads chilling in the rooms rolling joints taking the fucking building over, lol! Why is everyone so afraid of us? All we want to do is smoke our weed!

19. I actually would understand and have the same additude if it were me. Thats why I dont deal drugs or anything and I take extra measures not to get caught. This dude was doing it right in front of everybody and then wants to bitch when he gets in trouble for it.