Primordial Waves

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by MooseMusic, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Anyone hear any news about whether or not it was confirmed. 

2. i see a bunch of results from march...

3. yea, but like is it 100% true, like completely confirmed. Sorry I'm really stoned and my mind is wandering

4. #4 clevername, Jul 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014

Is anything 100% confirmed?

Your entire existence could be an inaccurate interpretation of actual reality...

edit: i did go a-searching, and from within the "primordial gravitational waves" rabbit hole, i encountered some "new" claims that each black hole could contain another universe...

which i've totally thought of before, but didn't think it seemed plausible anymore, after i learned that black holes aren't actually "holes," and many of them apparently, supposedly, have ring-shaped cores, which spew shredded particles away from itself... so things don't just "get sucked in and stay," a lot of it gets ejected after being disintegrated.

So who knows? :p

5. Ah, black holes. the biggest middle finger in physics at the moment. 

heh, i thought the biggest middle finger was "you can't get something from nothing?"

Also saw another theory saying that our big bang wasn't "the" big bang, but was more likely "another big bounce," making ours the nth iteration of universe... something about our universe coming from a singularity being impossible, according to some whatever way of looking at things. I suppose i'll get around to actually reading through some of those articles at some point, not up to it at the moment.

I like how suddenly no one seems quite sure wtf happened. lol.

7. Ever ask yourself 'if atoms are 99.9% "empty space", what happens to that 99.9% when a black hole sucks in an atom?'? My leading theory is that black holes not only suck in energy/matter, but are responsible for the expansion of the universe as well.

8. :yummy:

9. Black holes that suck up everything in the universe? I dated a ho like that once.....

10. I focus on this thought from time to time, and I have lately thought that energy, which never ceases to exist, must either restructure itself, or move on to another form.
    Personally I believe in reincarnation for chi....who can say about other forms of energy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. are you asking if gravitational waves have been detected/measured? Yes they have.

12. Well I was more wondering if they have proven that it wasn't just dust from the milky way

13. Nah they keep it clean