Priest pleads guilty to growing marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Superjoint, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Beacon Journal staff report

The former pastor of Prince of Peace Catholic Church accused of growing marijuana in the church rectory in Norton pleaded guilty Tuesday.

The Rev. Richard Arko was given a suspended prison sentence and was placed on probation for two years.

Summit County Common Pleas Judge Patricia A. Cosgrove also ordered him to perform 100 hours of community service and undergo random drug testing during his probation period.

Arko, 40, was arrested in January by Norton police after an informant purchased a small amount of marijuana from a man living at the rectory.

Police served a search warrant at the church house and found 35 marijuana plants growing inside.

Arko pleaded guilty to cultivating marijuana and possession of criminal tools.

He apologized to his family and the church community during his court appearance. Under questioning by the judge, he implied he was growing the marijuana for medicinal purposes. He said he looked forward to the day that marijuana is legalized under certain circumstances.

Arko told the judge that he is not likely to return to the church and may be forced to leave the priesthood.

2. this sux, all i gotta say is :

Fuck the laws, fuck the government, fuck authority an' keep smokin' som' green shiet!

3. You know i bet this would of had a different look to it had it not been for stupid pedophile priests.

If it werent for them, i bet a lot of people would look at it like if a guy this close to God is using it, it really cant be that bad after all. But stupid fucks abused the priesthood to fuck with peoples lives.

4. You sound soooo intelligent when you say that...[​IMG]

5. thats not cool at all god made weed he should still be in tha church

6. unreal. just blows me away sometimes all this shit.

7. You sound soooo intelligent when you say that...

Lol i was thinkin the same thing when i read that

But ya I dont see how by the preist smoking marijuana should affect anything....hmmmmm that sucks man.

8. Man that just aint right. Whats up with that? Seriously I'd think they'd take it easier on him after all those molester priests. Damn.